YouTube Sunday Ticket Pricing (Update - pricing announced) (1 Viewer)

They're gonna put an end to all that when the NFL season starts.
I had a VPN that mocks location on my phone, when sports betting apps were legalized in La, None of them would let me do anything, even if it wasn't runnin, until i unistalled the app. I tried disabling the app, but it still knew i had it on my phone. I had to uninstall that app before i could make any bets or transactions. So, i don't think it woud be very hard for YT to impliment something like that.

I had a VPN that mocks location on my phone, when sports betting apps were legalized in La, None of them would let me do anything, even if it wasn't runnin, until i unistalled the app. I tried disabling the app, but it still knew i had it on my phone. I had to uninstall that app before i could make any bets or transactions. So, i don't think it woud be very hard for YT to impliment something like that.
Yeah, and what I'm thinking is the NFL will make sure YTTV is adhering to the rules they outlined in their agreement. Even if YTTV decided not to enforce rules against spoofing, the NFL would make sure they do.

I'm sure people will find workarounds, but by and large it won't be legal and those workarounds probably won't last long.

Yeah, and what I'm thinking is the NFL will make sure YTTV is adhering to the rules they outlined in their agreement. Even if YTTV decided not to enforce rules against spoofing, the NFL would make sure they do.

I'm sure people will find workarounds, but by and large it won't be legal and those workarounds probably won't last long.
problem is, most people aren't technical enough to do it. There is always a work around.
For instance, the IPTV service i use. but most people don't have the knowledge or the patience to learn how to use it correctly... (even though in my mind its as simple as can be and i could probably teach a toddler to do it, but i don't have the patience to teach old dogs new tricks)

but you would still get the local channels from your billing zipcode, right, so you would be able to watch them on Fox 8 (or Fox 44 if BR area).
I would think so.

When I travel away from the city, YTTV bases my local channels off the city I'm in.
But I'm reading their disclaimer as even if I'm in, say New York, and have the New York local channels, they are still going to not allow me to watch the Saints game due to my billing zip code being a New Orleans address.

I ran into a similar thing with the NBA. Had League Pass and even when I went out of Louisiana to other states, it would tell me I couldn't watch Pelicans games due to "local blackout restrictions."

I would think so.

When I travel away from the city, YTTV bases my local channels off the city I'm in.
But I'm reading their disclaimer as even if I'm in, say New York, and have the New York local channels, they are still going to not allow me to watch the Saints game due to my billing zip code being a New Orleans address.

I ran into a similar thing with the NBA. Had League Pass and even when I went out of Louisiana to other states, it would tell me I couldn't watch Pelicans games due to "local blackout restrictions."
YTTV still has your home area as nola so can still record that area but will have to wait for the recording to finish before can access it on your dvr while out of town. Of course would have to have set the recording before leaving home or can use a browser extensions like location guard to change your location to anywhere in the US and watch live via YTTV. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/location-guard/cfohepagpmnodfdmjliccbbigdkfcgia

Only works if using a US IP aadress. If are out of the country and try and use a US VPN, have never tried it so I am unsure if youtube tv senses a vpn is being used and wont allow it?

Last edited:
Typhoonlabs.net will save you a lot of money on cable TV, Hulu, Netflix, Yttv....like Geico. IPVanish VPN works well for the TV and for my laptop.

Typhoonlabs.net will save you a lot of money on cable TV, Hulu, Netflix, Yttv....like Geico. IPVanish VPN works well for the TV and for my laptop.

Never heard of Typhoon before, but just googled it. Seems very interesting. Would you mind sending me a PM if you are not allowed to post more info here? Thx

I wonder how sales have been.

Bought the standalone Sunday Ticket for $349 today. Hope their apps on apple tv work better then Sunday Ticket and NFL Plus, both which were terrible last year.
I'm buying it thru YTTV since I already use them. Combining unlimited streams for ST with unlimited DVR on YTTV makes for a pretty potent way to watch as much NFL as I want/my wife will allow.

But sorry to hear you had a bad experience with ST last year. I've purchased the online student streaming version (thanks, kids) for the last several years and it has always worked well for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom