Zach Charbonnet is the Running Back We need to get. (1 Viewer)

Great choice. Kamara is getting up there in age (for a RB) and his YPC have dwindled the past two seasons. He needs to cut weight to closer to what it was his rookie and 2nd seasons, and primarily work as a 3rd down back and in packages. I think that ultimately it would help his career and keep him going. The Saints have to get more running production that what they’re getting. It’s honestly been more disappointing than the passing game
LOL, it is his fault that his YPC has dropped?

KC's RBs have speed, something that AK never had and looks to even have lost a step.

Pacheco and AK are the same size, 5'10" 215lbs, but AK ran a 4.56 at his peak and Pacheco runs a 4.39. That's a significant difference and it shows.

AK still shows some playmaking ability, but he's a doubles hitter now whereas Pacheco hits homeruns with that size/speed combo.

I was thinking when I saw this thread is does he have breakaway speed??

Kamara is very good but he lacks the speed to put a run away. We definitely need a RB that once he gets in the open, he's gone!

LOL, it is his fault that his YPC has dropped?
Not completely, but he hasn’t been as explosive in recent years. I am old enough to remember Kamara’s prime when he would break multiple tackles on a single run, and look like he’s shot out a cannon. He’s bigger now but less explosive and doesn’t break tackles like before.

His run style is similar to PT.

He wouldn't have to worry about the pass out the backfield, screens or choice routes either bc that left with SP apparently.

Draft 2 of him. It's whatever.

Here’s a late round guy that could really add to our offense. The one thing I’ll say is that I don’t know if he can play fullback but he has lined up at H back. I’m sure he could be a blocker in a Taysom scheme. But what really makes him valuable is he’s a dual threat to run and catch. He runs good routes and has some moves to create in space.

Hunter Luepke NDSU

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom