Zach Cunningham (1 Viewer)

In round 2, sure. 11 is way too high. He doesn't look anything like a top 10 pick.

If we know without a doubt that he is the next Luke Kuechly, I wouldn't do it. We need help on the defensive line, especially in the pass rushing department. I would look there prior to touching the Linebackers. Besides, Craig Roberston filled in nice for us.

If we know without a doubt that he is the next Luke Kuechly, I wouldn't do it. We need help on the defensive line, especially in the pass rushing department. I would look there prior to touching the Linebackers. Besides, Craig Roberston filled in nice for us.

So you'd prefer to risk taking a pass rusher who may not develop and then risk missing out on a sure fired LK type simply bc Roberson filled in nicely? You do realize Kuechly types have the ability to destroy offensive game plans simply by reading presnap adjustments. Sure a dominant passrusher can get to the QB, but an elite MLB can do everything while also making his oassrushers better.

There are many more passeushers in the league compared to elite MLBs, so I just don't get that logic.

So you'd prefer to risk taking a pass rusher who may not develop and then risk missing out on a sure fired LK type bc Roberson filled in nicely? There are many more passeushers in the league compared to elite MLBs, so I just don't get that logic.

Every year there's a prospect who is going to be the next best thing. More than half the time it doesn't work out. If the draft started today without us signing any free agents, we would need help on the defensive line.

Yeah, the problem is you said
If we know without a doubt that he is the next Luke Kuechly

So that's what the criticism of your position is being based on. Of course, there are no sure things, so you would probably prefer we disregard the bit in bold.

Yeah, the problem is you said

So that's what the criticism of your position is being based on. Of course, there are no sure things, so you would probably prefer we disregard the bit in bold.

Nearly two years ago we drafted Anthony, and right now that move isn't looking too good. If we honestly knew that this would be elite, I would take him. However with every draft pick, there is a gamble, and we've missed on several of them.
I would think it's better to address a need instead of gamble of a position that is not as high as our need. We have to address DE and CB before Linebacker.

Way too early guys to start projecting anything about players. We have to wait until after the combine and then of course free agency will give a better picture of where a team might look

Nearly two years ago we drafted Anthony, and right now that move isn't looking too good. If we honestly knew that this would be elite, I would take him. However with every draft pick, there is a gamble, and we've missed on several of them.
I would think it's better to address a need instead of gamble of a position that is not as high as our need. We have to address DE and CB before Linebacker.

Only Robertson and Ellerbe are starting caliber linebackers and Ellerbe is only healthy about 8 games a year. Linebacker is as big a need as CB and I would rather take the best LB in the draft (Foster) than reach on the 4th best DE.

If we know without a doubt that he is the next Luke Kuechly, I wouldn't do it. We need help on the defensive line . . . . .

What! So basically your saying that if Carolina called and offered us Kuechly for the #11 pick, you would pass! Are you serious?

If we go into the draft looking to fill holes, I will be very very very disappointed. At the same time, I don't believe we'll find a good edge rusher in free agency. So, I'm totally with you on drafting a DE with pick #1. Now if we could land Barnett and somehow manage to also grab Cunningham, that would be a slam dunk home run.

Yeah, it looks like we missed on Anthony, a 1st round MLB pick that can't even get snaps with one of the worst special teams units in the league? Who'd have thunk it? That doesn't mean we shouldn't grab a LB early, especially one that can play all 3 facets. We have good corners, its just that they ALL GOT HURT. Hell, we even had good depth at that position before the season started. I see us finding our #2 CB in free agency. I don't feel comfortable drafting a corner early.

Only Robertson and Ellerbe are starting caliber linebackers and Ellerbe is only healthy about 8 games a year. Linebacker is as big a need as CB and I would rather take the best LB in the draft (Foster) than reach on the 4th best DE.

Totally agree with the first part. LB is as big a need as RDE. There's no way we get a killer edge rusher in free agency. Teams just don't let those guys walk. My favorites for round one are Barnett and Solomon. I think they're 3 down DE's that can get after QBs and stop the run. I don't like taking a LB at #11. I think Cunningham would be a better fit than Foster. However, if we do take a LB first, I wouldn't be mad if we grabbed Taco.

Then there's always the chance that we take 2 DE's first or 2 LB's. Foster then Cunningham wouldn't be too shabby either. I think we spend our big bucks on a corner in FA and we won't take one in the first 2 rounds. Maybe round 3?

I like Zach too. He's fast, athletic, instinctive, and productive. Seems to always be around the ball.

But he's not perfect. In the film I watched, he missed too many tackles. Needs to wrap up better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom