Saints Zach Line announces retirement (3 Viewers)

Wow, well said!
Since we're making sweeping generalizations about our society, predictions about the future, and what-not: that grit, toughness, determination, and loyalty to "the cause" would surely be missed if, for example, we were invaded by a country like China that has a lot more of these things than our growing collection of "me-first" cream puffs.

Lacking the fortitude to push through pain or to choose "we" over "me" doesn't necessarily equate to intelligence. That said, I doubt Zach Line's decision had anything to do with being a millennial or his loyalty to the league. He's made good money over twice the length of a typical NFL career, has a beautiful family to enjoy, suffered a significant injury, and isn't going to the HOF no matter how long he plays. He has held down one of the ultimate tough-guy positions in the game and has nothing left to prove about his toughness. It's not like the Saints are left in some kind of seriously bad place without him on the team, so he's not exactly letting anyone down. Pretty easy decision to make if you're not excited as all heck about playing another season for personal enjoyment.

The same things can't really be said about Andrew Luck.

It is confirmed that Zach is going to be the coach of his hometown high school. Good for him.

Selfishly hate it. We weren’t the same team when he was injured. Best of luck. Will be missed.

Unsung hero of this football team hands down

There was a huge difference in our running when he was in compared to when he was out.

Not to mention how good of a special teams player he was.

Congrats Zach Line on a great career! You will be missed, and I wish him nothing but the best

Fullbacks take some punishment. The contact they create and absorb with a LB in a gap screams CTE. Ball carriers can tense and prepare there bodies for contact. FBs create it. I thought Ortiz had some really nice Lead blocks towards the end of the season. We be fine with him. I dont think its a hard find to get what u need from that position.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom