Saints Zach Line announces retirement (1 Viewer)

Man, he really was one of my favorite Saints ever since we got him. He made the running game work and never did anything but put his head down and do his job. I wish him nothing but the best going forward.

Now we need to find a good FB to replace him.

He was solid for us. Really every time we need a first down and he gets the ball, there was never a doubt he will get it.

That's a bummer. Thanks for everything, Zach!

I think these early retirements are going to become more and more common in the near future. Between the CTE studies and the amounts of money these guys are making nowadays, the risk starts to outweigh the reward once you get to about the 6 to 8 year mark, especially if you've invested properly.

Zach Line has made probably about $5m to $7m doing what he does, and likely does not project to be able to do this for more than another 2 or 3 seasons since teams like to go young and cheap at FB, so he may as well get out now with his health still intact for the most part.

Best of luck to him.

Wow this hurts. Feel like he was one of the unsung heroes of the team especially seeing the P/R ratio when he was injured. I love that we still use a traditional fullback.. add that to the list of needs! Best of luck Zline

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom