Zach Mettenberger cut by Chargers - any takers? {Claimed by Pittsburgh} (1 Viewer)

rsonza

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Just read that Mettenberger was cut today by the Chargers. I've always liked his play, and his height of 6'5 and age (25) might make him an attractive 3rd string QB. Thoughts?

obwhiteo

Proudly wearing my dress!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Bad player with a bad attitude, but since he's from LSU I'm sure this thread will be all about how great he is.

Meachemdat

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I'd like to see what Payton could do with him, but would hate to see someone cut to make room for him.

The one thing about ol' Zach is that it seems like he underachieves quite a bit. Look at who he was throwing to at LSU.

crosswatt

Gone Fishing.
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He has never taken it seriously, even back in his UGA days. I hate to say it but, if he hasn't felt the urgency of the competition by this point, I don't think he ever will.

TribuneUK

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Career backup in the NFL is not a terrible place to be. If he latches on with someone else, good for him.

I doubt however that the NO coaches determine him as someone who markedly improves us from what we already have.

It would be tough on any QB coming in after missing a significant portion of preseason to be ready to contribute, another reason he may have to wait for an NFL roster opening.

ANKOMA33

All-Pro
Reaction score
I thought Cam Cameron did a below average job of grooming Zach.
With OBJ & Landry at his disposal, I simply expected more from the former LSU QB.

Pass on Zach.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Grayson's mobility is more alluring to me to develop vs. trying to develop someone like Zach. I don't mean Russell Wilson mobile, but Zach is a statue compared to Brees or Grayson.

He's never going to be a starter in this league and I think at this point we have our backup in Luke for a few more years. What we need is a guy with a future as a starter.

That may not be Grayson but it's definitely not Zach.

LOONEY

gulf war vet
Reaction score
I would say yes bring him in for a look , but you know the coach never looks at players from lsu.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)