Zach Streif on Trevor Penning (translation: everyone chill) (1 Viewer)

TCUDan

Cutting the lead blocker
Staff member
Administrator
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This illustrates EXACTLY why I'm not worried. The coaches are going to channel his aggression in the right direction and set clear boundaries (as are his teammates).

It's easy Trevor ...mow em down and walk away. The opposite could be very rewarding for us. He may make opposing defenders so mad they throw punches and give us 15 yards. Just take the punch and laugh in their face. Then mow em down again

THANK YOU! Between Zach Strief and TCU Dan, I feel much better about a subject that had been deeply troubling. Getting coaching from Doug, Jahri, and Zach -- that's a lot of offensive line wisdom. I believe Trevor (and Cesar) have the ability; no better coaches in the world to maximize that potential. And I'm confident they will not only have the starters working well together, but will also develop some excellent depth.

We all want him to earn the starting spot, so hopefully, he continues to grow and learn how to manage his temper.
Or else we’ll have to resuscitate the Suh threads and insert Penning :hihi:

I never worried about Penning's "aggression problems". Hell... I was wondering what was he doing so wrong that players kept wanting to fight him. Every clip that I saw that resulted in a fight to me was just football.
He is going all out evrry play. He is agressive and focused. What more could you want?

This illustrates EXACTLY why I'm not worried. The coaches are going to channel his aggression in the right direction and set clear boundaries (as are his teammates).

Who’s worried? This is exactly what you want in a player. You can always take some of the fight out of the dog. Hard to put it in someone who just doesn’t have it.

Couldn’t care less about the fighting stuff.

Care a lot more about his level of play. Technique and avoiding holding, etc was clearly an issue for him coming out of school. If he can get that fixed, then none of the rest of this extracurricular stuff matters.

Curious to see/hear how he performs in joint practices and preseason games.

Definitely liked what I saw of Strief in that vid.
It was great to hear a coach communicate that into terms that the concerned fan can understand. I think those years of taking upset fan's phone calls on the radio, help him.

But my question is, do you need to tell a player about 'clear boundaries'? "Please don't rough up your own teammates."

Shouldn't they know that by now?

Seems like a message preached since they were old enough to put on a helmet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom