Zach Strief joining the coaching staff. (2 Viewers)

NeverGiveUP2

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I think he's going to give the commentator thing a real run but it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up coaching at some point.

Happy for Zach though. I didn't think he was bad the few times I got to hear him call games but I'm sure he'd enjoy coaching more.
He really did grow into the radio gig... Hope he does well

Carbon

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If I'm being honest, I've long worried that someone would snatch up Deuce for a coaching job.

CajunSaint08

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Wow. Respect your opinion but I could not disagree more. He was definitely shaky at first, but I thought he improved tremendously. He and Deuce had great chemistry too.

Regardless, pumped about him joining the coaching staff, he'll be an asset.

Firmly in camp Mike Hoss for the radio gig. I like Graf's enthusiasm but prefer somebody more thoughtful and analytical in the "Jim Henderson" role and Mike's got that.
Mike Hoss was the "runner up" to Strief. I think he would be a natural for the position. I hope he is considered again. Seriously thought he would have been hired the first time. I'm pumped about Strief joining the coaching staff also.

Merl

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
If I'm being honest, I've long worried that someone would snatch up Deuce for a coaching job.
Don't know why but I just don't see Deuce in a coaching role. Maybe as an off season trainer that some former players are hired to do to circumvent the CBA but that is all I see him getting involved with.

Optimistic Ozzy

Bleeder of Black and Gold
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, Payton may have his eye on Zach as being his replacement in a few years...........................

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, Payton may have his eye on Zach as being his replacement in a few years...........................
How so with zero coaching experience and a wealth of experience currently in staff, particularly Carmichael?

Optimistic Ozzy

Bleeder of Black and Gold
Reaction score
How so with zero coaching experience and a wealth of experience currently in staff, particularly Carmichael?
I said "may". Zach is pretty damn smart and has a wealth of knowledge from being a player under Payton.
Time will tell.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom