Zach Strief joining the coaching staff. (1 Viewer)

I think he will be better suited for coaching than broadcasting Saint's games. It's hell to follow a legend. No matter who was going to replace Jim Henderson, he would be compared. And though Strief did well, he was by no means Jim Henderson. Jim Henderson's tone, cadence, style, delivery, original quotes......will never be repeated. It will take someone who has another original style, tone, cadence, delivery........

Strief never had a chance.

I think he will be better suited for coaching than broadcasting Saint's games. It's hell to follow a legend. No matter who was going to replace Jim Henderson, he would be compared. And though Strief did well, he was by no means Jim Henderson. Jim Henderson's tone, cadence, style, delivery, original quotes......will never be repeated. It will take someone who has another original style, tone, cadence, delivery........

Were you really giving him one? Strief was doing fine in the booth, but this has nothing to do with him not wanting to live up to the local play by play standards—-this is a bigger opportunity for him

I think that Zack did a good job. One local sports guy here in Lafayette said that Deuce was hard to work with. I don't believe that because they made a good team.

All we now is Drew to have a change of heart and take over as QB coach instead of taking that comfy commentator job. ;)
Drew Brees is "skip the line" status.

If he ever got into coaching I assure you it would be straight into Offensive Coordinator or Head Coach

I think before Drew became a coach he would give coming back at QB a try first... I think his wanting to be with his wife and kids is keeping him from doing either.... Coaches basically give up any real life to be successful. Drew is going to be a commentator next year

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom