Zach Strief joining the coaching staff. (1 Viewer)

He was never going to be a long-term success in broadcasting, he doesn't have the voice for it, although he did get much better technically over time. If he wants to get into coaching, I think he does have the chance to be very successful, much more so than in the broadcasting booth.

I think he will be better suited for coaching than broadcasting Saint's games. It's hell to follow a legend. No matter who was going to replace Jim Henderson, he would be compared. And though Strief did well, he was by no means Jim Henderson. Jim Henderson's tone, cadence, style, delivery, original quotes......will never be repeated. It will take someone who has another original style, tone, cadence, delivery........

Strief never had a chance.
I thought Strief did great.

Strief never had a chance.

I mean I get your point that he was following a legend, but I thought he was great - and he was getting more and more popular and well-received with every game. This is NOT an indication that WWL wanted him out. He took advantage of a great opportunity. He has the potential to be an excellent coach.

I doubt Drew will go into coaching. He can make as much if not more calling Notre Dame games on Saturdays and be an in studio analyst for the Sunday Night NFL games with half the time away from the family.

The fish has been returned to water!

I was highly critical of the decision to put Zach in that spot. That said, he improved greatly, but had no where to go but up. It was rough at first. It would have been OK had he stayed in his position, but should we settle on OK or strive for excellence? The best coaches put players in a position where they have the best chance to succeed. For Zach, thats in the locker room. He's where he belongs.

Now let's get this announcer hire right this time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom