Zach Strief joining the coaching staff. (1 Viewer)

Admittedly, I took a bit to come around, but I thought Zach acquitted himself well as the play-by-play guy. I wish him well. I'd love to see Joel Meyers as well but it'd be a tough loss for the Pels.
I just wonder who all is
Todd Graffagnini you're up!!
I think Graf is the odds on favorite.

Last edited:
I mean I get your point that he was following a legend, but I thought he was great - and he was getting more and more popular and well-received with every game. This is NOT an indication that WWL wanted him out. He took advantage of a great opportunity. He has the potential to be an excellent coach.

I guess I was just used to Jim Henderson. Strief to me just seemed like a fish out of water. He never sounded comfortable making a call. Sounded like he had so much stress in his voice from being nervous. He sounded the exact same on the last game he called as he did on his first game he called. Did not progress in 3 years. And I never thought or said WWL wanted him out. I do believe he is better suited for coaching and wish him well.

I'm ok with this move...

Give me either Joel Meyers, Mike Hoss, or Graf to replace him.

Graff would be a great choice because he really is a fan. Listen to Pells games on the radio he truly gets angry when they can’t get it done. He can also paint a picture which is the most important thing for a play by play guy. He would be the most Henderson like pick because he is always going to nail the mood.

The best choice hands down would be to get Joel Meyers period. He can easily do both jobs, he might have to give up big 12 football but with the NBA likely staying with the later start he won’t have many conflicts and the Pells have David Wesley they can plug in if they had to in a conflict.

He would bring something to the table the Saints haven’t really had since Henderson left, a true pro at that spot. It’s radio not TV but he has called a ton of big NFL and NCAA games on radio.

Both guys are in the building so we have choices.

I think before Drew became a coach he would give coming back at QB a try first... I think his wanting to be with his wife and kids is keeping him from doing either.... Coaches basically give up any real life to be successful. Drew is going to be a commentator next year

I think he's going to give the commentator thing a real run but it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up coaching at some point.

Happy for Zach though. I didn't think he was bad the few times I got to hear him call games but I'm sure he'd enjoy coaching more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom