Zach Strief rated as league's top RT at mid-season according to PFF (1 Viewer)

St. Geezy

⚜️
Reaction score
The New Orleans Saints have the league's best player at something other than quarterback, according to Pro Football Focus.

On a midseason all-pro team posted Wednesday, the scouting an analytics website listed right tackle Zach Strief as the best player at his position this season.

"He hasn't had the monster games of other right tackles this season," the site said. "He also hasn't struggled with anybody -- and he's faced a legitimate slate of pass-rushers to his side."

Saints right tackle Zach Strief rated as league's best at midseason, website says | NOLA.com

Great job by Zach. Let's hope that he is still in that conversation after he goes against Von Miller this weekend. Pulling for him.

Strief is pretty awesome. He is super well-spoken, gives great interviews that are candid, was a man about the Saints drafting Peat and has elevated his game since and probably Peat's too. He has been on many of our replacement lists for years, but keeps performing at a solid to high level for us. Great work, Zach.

Great job by Zach. Let's hope that he is still in that conversation after he goes against Von Miller this weekend. Pulling for him.

I think we'll use multiple TE sets. No way SP allows Strief to go against Miller 1 on 1 on many occasions. Hill has looked rather solid against Sam's. Should make for some good PA fakes too.

Should also be noted we have the #1 Center as well in Unger if I'm not mistaken.

I think we'll use multiple TE sets. No way SP allows Strief to go against Miller 1 on 1 on many occasions. Hill has looked rather solid against Sam's. Should make for some good PA fakes too.

Should also be noted we have the #1 Center as well in Unger if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, I'm not too concerned with Miller. We've shown time and time again that we are very good at game-planning for guys like him.

Expect chip blocks and also delayed runs to slow him down and/or take advantage of his penchant of over-pursuit.

Also look for a not so good game from the tight end position, as they'll likely be asked to help block most of the game.

Khalil Mack is in that category, and we handled him.

I was kind of meh about Zack until this year. I started watching him closely because he was under criticism, but learned he is still solid.

There's barely a such thing as one-on-one matchups in today's game anyway. They'll use multiple sets and "chippers" to work against Miller.

There's barely a such thing as one-on-one matchups in today's game anyway. They'll use multiple sets and "chippers" to work against Miller.

I agree. I expect multiple TE and RB chips while releasing into pass routes to put stress on the other LB's and test their discipline/awareness. All it takes is a guy to be released because he was expected to stay in to block for a big play to happen.

Von Miller might change that , haha, but I hope Sean has a plan to deal with miller

Sean and the o-line coach has been pretty on-point against game planning pass rushers this season for the most part. 12 sacks on the year so far.

Who was.it that posted a few days ago the Strief wasn't a starting caliber RT

Under Roushar the OL has really responded he has helped get these guys bfn to form and Strief has really bounced back from last season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom