Zach Thomas to visit with Saints (1 Viewer)

per Rotoworld,

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Patriots made free agent Zach Thomas a contract offer Monday.

Thomas still plans to visit the Saints on Tuesday, and they would probably provide him the best chance to start. This figures to be the 34-year-old Thomas' last contract as a pro, so he'll likely take the best offer possible.

Saw that coming.

So I guess we'll know tomorrow if we beat the offer or not.

Good point. Perhaps, he'll make all his visits then make a decision afterword.

Seems more likely. Unless we make him an offer noone else will match and the other teams don't bother bringing him in.

Seems more likely. Unless we make him an offer noone else will match and the other teams don't bother bringing him in.

I heard that he didn't like the Pat's offer, so I'm guessing it wasn't long enough. It might be worth the injury risk to us, because he did have his best season ever in 2006 with 165 tackles. I would hate to compare those stats to our linebackers.

The problem is Thomas said he wanted to go to a team that he needed, and not a team that needed him. b

i belive that 165 tackles is more than all our lbs combined. Willis had a similar # of tackles this last year and his was way more than all our lbs combined

snap me out of it!

i cant help but keep thinking that Zach Thomas is not the answer here. I for some reason remember injury concerns and. just not hearing his name the last few years has me concerned that we have another simoneau/anthony simmons situation here. somebody please convince me im wrong cause i would love to be on the same page as most of you guys but im just not feeling it..

Last edited:
i cant help but keep thinking that Zach Taylor is not the answer here. I for some reason remember injury concerns and. just not hearing his name the last few years has me concerned that we have another simoneau/anthony simmons situation here. somebody please convince me im wrong cause i would love to be on the same page as most of you guys but im just not feeling it..

*Zach Thomas>>>> than Simoneau ad Simmons combined.

He had one bad year injury wise.

When he played he played well

Zach Taylor is NOT the answer! However, Zach Thomas could be a 1 or 2 year answer for us. There is no comparison that can be made between Thomas and Simoneau...NONE.

Also this is not a Donnie Edwards type player that benifitted from scheme and played the 3-4 better then the 4-3. Thomas is productive in the 4-3 and has at least 2 or 3 years of production left if healthy.

For those who say stay away remember how good we thought this guy was when he came here at the end of his carear. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=1076 Thomas is a lot better then him the fact is we have not had a good MLB in year I am not going to hate on any signing.

Last edited:
wow i usually chuckle when i see some of the names people butcher on the board ... i dont even know where i got "Taylor" from... lmao

I don't mind if we get zach because like the others said he's better than SimmaNO and Shanle

but i still think we should draft a MLB for our future in this upcoming draft

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom