Zach Thomas to visit with Saints (2 Viewers)

Thomas is free to sign with anyone as of right now...he doesn't need to wait till FA.

I would only sign Thomas for a 1-2 year deal, not much money, and only if we draft his replacement this upcoming year. But I'm all for it.

He would be a huge upgrade, kind of like when we lost sammy knight, except we are on the other end of this deal, sammy is still playing, thomas will also and we can groom a draft pick behind him. But why didn't Parcells just call his good buddy Payton and trade him to us for a 7th if he passed our physical.:ezbill:

Very interesting. I'm not sure how well he would fit in since he's been a 3-4 linebacker his whole career. I think he's a little undersized for a 4-3 mike spot, not to mention he's getting older too. Then again, he would bring some leadership presence to the defense. I'm interested in seeing how this shakes out.
He has only been playing a 3-4 defense for the past 4 years before that he was in a 4-3 per his converastion on nfl radio today

So the saga continues. Another veteran starting linebacker that wont see the field. First Danny Clark then Brian Simmons and next (perhaps) Zach Thomas. Word of advice to Thomas. If you want to continue playing football, don't come to the saints.

Didnt Payton know Simenou when in Dallas with Tuna? Maybe thats it. I think Zack is just using us as leverage to get a deal with Dallas.

Bingo. He's from the TX panhandle and I bet D is a place he has always wanted to play. By visiting with another team first (one that is conveniently on the way there) he can let the Boys know someone else is interested and hopefully not play for vet min.?

So the saga continues. Another veteran starting linebacker that wont see the field. First Danny Clark then Brian Simmons and next (perhaps) Zach Thomas. Word of advice to Thomas. If you want to continue playing football, don't come to the saints.

man if we sign thomas and he don't start im personally going to falcon punch sean payton

I'll take him. Injury aside, which he has hopefully recovered from, he still has 2 good productive years left and he can be a leader with Fujita.

IF he is healthy enough I would like to see him sign a one year deal with the option for a second year DOP.

Ill say it first Zach Taylor on black and gold = BEAST :D

Very interesting. I'm not sure how well he would fit in since he's been a 3-4 linebacker his whole career. I think he's a little undersized for a 4-3 mike spot, not to mention he's getting older too. Then again, he would bring some leadership presence to the defense. I'm interested in seeing how this shakes out.

If he's healthy (can pass a physical), and if the price is right, signing Zach will be the smartest thing Payton's staff has done on defense since they took over.

Zach would be an immediate an HUGE upgrade at MLB.

Maybe he can be a veteran presence for a newly drafted LB, like Patten apparently was vis a vis the receivers. Hope the Saints can get a CB in free agency to free them up to draft a stud LB prospect. Are they showing their hand here?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom