Zach Thomas to visit with Saints (1 Viewer)

Very interesting. I'm not sure how well he would fit in since he's been a 3-4 linebacker his whole career. I think he's a little undersized for a 4-3 mike spot, not to mention he's getting older too. Then again, he would bring some leadership presence to the defense. I'm interested in seeing how this shakes out.

I'm warming up to the idea if he's in good health. The guy is simply a tackling machine. Sign him, draft a LB like Highsmith/Mayo/Lofton in the second and we've got a respectable linebacking core with solid depth.

i'm scared..

DOES ANYONE FIND IT KIND OF ODD THAT THE DOLPHINS CUT ZACK THOMAS, AND ARE NOW LOOKING AT SIMENOU (THE WORST LINEBACKER IN THE NFL) TO REPLACE HIM AND NOW WERE TRYING TO REPLACE SIMENOU WITH THOMAS.... WIERD TO SAY THE LEAST, BUT IF THEY CUT THOMAS AND APPARTENTLY THINK SIMENOU IS A STEP-UP THEN WHY THE CRAP WOULD WE WANT THOMAS....

AHHHHHH... THAT SAID, THOMAS HAS ALWAYS BEEN A BEAST TO I'M DOWN WITH IT....

O dear jesus no!!!

does anyone have mickey loomis's email??

FOR THE LOVE OF HUMANITY DON'T DO IT!!!

I'm warming up to the idea if he's in good health. The guy is simply a tackling machine. Sign him, draft a LB like Highsmith/Mayo/Lofton in the second and we've got a respectable linebacking core with solid depth.

if we get zach thomas, then draft someone highsmith(not sure where hes supposed to go)in the 1st or 2nd, or mayo in the 2nd..then hell..move mayo to OLB he used to play that position, and i think highsmith does?and picture this
ROLB - Ali Highsmith/Jerod Mayo MLB - Zach Thomas LOLB - Scott Fujita
RE Will Smith DT Corey Williams DT Brian Young LE Charles Grant

badabing badaboom, get a solid corner in the draft/fa and we're a top 10 defense

i'm scared..

DOES ANYONE FIND IT KIND OF ODD THAT THE DOLPHINS CUT ZACK THOMAS, AND ARE NOW LOOKING AT SIMENOU (THE WORST LINEBACKER IN THE NFL) TO REPLACE HIM AND NOW WERE TRYING TO REPLACE SIMENOU WITH THOMAS.... WIERD TO SAY THE LEAST, BUT IF THEY CUT THOMAS AND APPARTENTLY THINK SIMENOU IS A STEP-UP THEN WHY THE CRAP WOULD WE WANT THOMAS....

Didnt Payton know Simenou when in Dallas with Tuna? Maybe thats it. I think Zack is just using us as leverage to get a deal with Dallas.

i'm scared..

Thomas' cap number was around 6 million dollars....

Bill Parcells really loves Payton.
I bet he's sold Thomas on him.

i wish parcells had something to do with the saints organization (other than contacting payton about certain things)

can the saints sign thomas now or do we have to wait til FA begins?

I'll keep saying it - Yes, but only for vet minimum. Since I'd bet Thomas and his agent are still looking for pretty decent coin I'll say this - enjoy your dinner in New Orleans and flight to Dallas Mr. Thomas.........

i wish parcells had something to do with the saints organization (other than contacting payton about certain things)

can the saints sign thomas now or do we have to wait til FA begins?
We'd have to wait. It's not that far away (29th February).

We should give him a very tough physical workout. If he can pass it there's no reason not to make him a decent offer.

I really like Zach Thomas as a player and a person. However i would only sign him to a one or two year deal and a reasonably cheap price.

But i would also like the Saints to look at Dan Morgan also. If you are going to go after a MLB with health issues than i would rather Morgan who is a little younger and athletic.

But either of them is an upgrade over Simoneau though!!

This move would be huge. I'm all for Coleman, Ty Law, and Crumpler as well. I'd rather have a defense of middle aged to old has-beens than last years team of middle aged to old never-weres. Sorry to Kaesviharn, Shanle, David, Simoneau, and Simmons. BTW, a linebacker chosen in the draft between picks #6 and 40 has won Defensive ROY 8 of the last 11 years. Playing next to Z. Thomas, Mayo/Lofton/Rivers/etc. could continue that trend. Also, does Dallas have enough money to make this move?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom