Zach Wilson Reminds Jay Williams of a Spoiled Child. (1 Viewer)

Is it just me, or does it seem like there are a lot more flame-out 1st round QBs recently?
Not really, it's always 2-3 that don't pan out. I never understood how Wilson or Lawrence were ranked ahead of Fields. He faced better competition and was a multi-year starter. I guess everyone is looking for the next Mahomes.

Yep, and Steve Young seemed irritated by that comment.
I can understand Young’s emotions towards that comment. The narrative surrounding Wilson off the field is such a lazy narrative.
Not really, it's always 2-3 that don't pan out. I never understood how Wilson or Lawrence were ranked ahead of Fields. He faced better competition and was a multi-year starter. I guess everyone is looking for the next Mahomes.
Trevor was projected to be the #1 overall pick 2 years prior to being drafted, so it shouldn’t have been a surprise seeing him drafted ahead of anybody.

Wilson benefited from Covid putting BYU and their “anyone anywhere” program in the limelight. He had a great season, so it wasn’t surprising to see him fly up the draft boards.

As good as Fields was at OSU, how many other OSU quarterbacks were just products of amazing talent all around them playing in a conference fielding 1 or 2 legit teams. Hesitancy to take him was understandable.

I can understand Young’s emotions towards that comment. The narrative surrounding Wilson off the field is such a lazy narrative.

Trevor was projected to be the #1 overall pick 2 years prior to being drafted, so it shouldn’t have been a surprise seeing him drafted ahead of anybody.

Wilson benefited from Covid putting BYU and their “anyone anywhere” program in the limelight. He had a great season, so it wasn’t surprising to see him fly up the draft boards.

As good as Fields was at OSU, how many other OSU quarterbacks were just products of amazing talent all around them playing in a conference fielding 1 or 2 legit teams. Hesitancy to take him was understandable.
I meant Trey, not Trevor. It was no surprise Trevor went #1.

That sends a message to Zach to put it honestly but mildly "put up or shut up!!" Hope it humbles him to the core. You can only hope that.

It is interesting that ever since the new CBA came out, and rookie contracts have been shrunk down to a fraction of what they once were, how quickly teams are willing to move on from guys 1 or 2 years in. This started a few years back with Justin Blackmon (to my remembrance), and is just getting bigger now that we are seeing the quarterbacks get shipped off.

I’m not looking to trade for Wilson if the Jets do decide to move on from him. He has a world of talent, but we have nobody here on this staff who has shown that they can develop talent. If Wilson were to go to a team where he could sit behind a real pro, and take it all in, then you could have a solid quarterback on your hand.

For all his comparisons coming out in the draft, him pulling a Steve Young (going from TB To SF behind Montana) would be his best option.
If the kid has a world of talent, he sure is hiding it. Where has he shown it? It hasn't been with the jets. He only had one year of great production at BYU. He hasn't played, but maybe 2 top 5 defenses at BYU, his only signature wins against top 20 teams was Bosie St and USC team. Hell, Ian Book beat two top 10 teams in one yr. , and three top5 teams at ND.

He was over drafted to the wrong team, and lacks the make up to turn it around. The kid doesn't have enough humility and grit to make that kind of comeback. When your fall back, is being a millionaire executive for your uncle's airline. I don't see him pulling a Geno Smith. He is a total bust. He will break some teams heart though. (ie. Baker)

Is it just me, or does it seem like there are a lot more flame-out 1st round QBs recently?
Yep and there isn't really one I like in this year's draft either.

Young hasn't played well this year. Not so sure about Hooker. With Stroud, I think he is like other OSU QBs a beneficiary of outstanding WRs.

Last year he had Wilson and Olave. Both are balling in the NFL.This year he has Marvin Harrison Jr.

Even if Saints still had this year's first round. None of those guys would fall past the the 7th or 8th pick

N.O will probably end up.with 6 wins which would put them away out of that range

Never liked Wilson.He fit a profile that owners liked and it got him over drafted. How anyone draft a QB top 5 with no real leadership skills or played against any real competition is beyond my understanding.

Yep and there isn't really one I like in this year's draft either.

Young hasn't played well this year. Not so sure about Hooker. With Stroud, I think he is like other OSU QBs a beneficiary of outstanding WRs.

Last year he had Wilson and Olave. Both are balling in the NFL.This year he has Marvin Harrison Jr.

Even if Saints still had this year's first round. None of those guys would fall past the the 7th or 8th pick

N.O will probably end up.with 6 wins which would put them away out of that range
Bryce Young has played pretty well, his offensive line hasn't but he's been good and Alabama would have several more losses without him.

He is small and so that's a fair knock against him but I believe he has the "it" necessary to be successful in the NFL. I love his demeanor and poise and I just think he has as good a shot as anyone at translating it into the NFL.

Never liked Wilson.He fit a profile that owners liked and it got him over drafted. How anyone draft a QB top 5 with no real leadership skills or played against any real competition is beyond my understanding.
I think there are only two conferences in today's college football that produce NFL quality QBs on regular basis. Big 12 and SEC. They produced 13 current starting QBs.

Meanwhile the PAC12 ACC/BIG EAST BIG10 have produced 13 current starters.

KC- BIG 12.

TENN BIG 12

CIN SEC

NE SEC
MIA SEC

AZ BIG12
LAR SEC
SEA BIG12

DALL SEC
NYG SEC
PHI SEC/BIG12

NO BIG 12
CAR BIG12
------------------------------
BIG 10, ACC/BIG EAST PAC12

DEN BIG10
LAC PAC 12

IND BIG EAST
HOU PAC12
JAX ACC

PITT ACC
BALT ACC
CLEV ACC

ATL PAC12
TAMP BIG10

GB PAC12
CHI BIG10
DET PAC12

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom