Prediction Zack Baun will be traded before the season starts… (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
…or he will be released at final cuts.

He was a bad pick, plain and simple… and I just hope that the Saints can get something in return before he just “washes out”.
I don’t think Baun is a bad player… he’s just a terrible fit for the Saints scheme and defense.
Right now, he still has some upside left… he could be flipped to another team… for a player that that team missed on for the same reasons the Saints missed on Baun…

For example… trade Baun straight up for Josiah Deguara from the Packers. Deguara is miscast as a TE in GB, and he’s buried on the depth chart after being banged-up early on.. He could be a force as a FB/H-Back in the Saints offense.

Trade Baun and a conditional pick to the Eagles for Andre Dillard! Dillard is solid OT, but hasn’t cracked the starting lineup in Philly. He’s got upside still, and 1st round pedigree.

…or just trade him for a conditional pick! Just trade him for something before the Turk comes for him.

Sounds right but isn’t he like our third best LB?

What is this based on? I haven't heard anything in regards to him from camp. Neither good or bad. I dont think you can extrapolate that into any sort of assumption because there are several other guys who's names we haven't really heard: Maye, Lattimore (aside from today's injury), McCoy, PJ...im sure there are a few others.

What is this based on? I haven't heard anything in regards to him from camp. Neither good or bad. I dont think you can extrapolate that into any sort of assumption because there are several other guys who's names we haven't really heard: Maye, Lattimore (aside from today's injury), McCoy, PJ...im sure there are a few others.
It's Friday after 5pm....

Been a long week. Lol

…or he will be released at final cuts.

He was a bad pick, plain and simple… and I just hope that the Saints can get something in return before he just “washes out”.
I don’t think Baun is a bad player… he’s just a terrible fit for the Saints scheme and defense.
Right now, he still has some upside left… he could be flipped to another team… for a player that that team missed on for the same reasons the Saints missed on Baun…

For example… trade Baun straight up for Josiah Deguara from the Packers. Deguara is miscast as a TE in GB, and he’s buried on the depth chart after being banged-up early on.. He could be a force as a FB/H-Back in the Saints offense.

Trade Baun and a conditional pick to the Eagles for Andre Dillard! Dillard is solid OT, but hasn’t cracked the starting lineup in Philly. He’s got upside still, and 1st round pedigree.

…or just trade him for a conditional pick! Just trade him for something before the Turk comes for him.
He would go to another team and be the next Rob Ninchovich lol

Draft a small, pash-rushing 3-4 LBer was a terrible idea. I thought we were going to try to make him a DE who occasionally would be ask to cover. I hope he can develop to whatever the coaching staffs envisioned, but in my opinion he was never going to succeed here by being a true 4-3 LBer.

I see the talent but don't think he fits our scheme.

I see no reason for Baun to be released or traded when we have clear favorites for the starting positions and Baun is still talented enough to make an impact on the team even if it's not as a starter (special teams, pass rushing packages on defense).

Last edited:
If they don’t trade Baun before his contract expires, then they just lose him.

I know he’s a valuable special teams player… but that’s it.
He could be MORE for someone else… and the Saints could use the upgrade elsewhere too… opposed to having a good special teams guy for a few years and then he leaves.

This is based on nothing but “Friday night after a long week” as another poster said… but it makes sense.

To me anyways

He's an unimpressive depth player at this point. But that's also fine if he fits onto the bottom of the roster as a plus special teams player.

If you get hung up on where he was picked on draft day, rather than accepting his value as it is now, then you're falling for the sunken cost fallacy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom