Prediction Zack Baun will be traded before the season starts… (1 Viewer)

Such a lazy take. He won't traded because he has no trade value, and he won't be cut because he actually provides value to this team. Special teams are important, and depth is important.

Yeah, I think this is the answer. Baun was in on 79% of our special teams snaps last year. That's a lot. Assuming he played well on ST (I have no idea) he is a valuable ST piece. He also "started" four games last season (according to Pro Football Reference).

…or he will be released at final cuts.

He was a bad pick, plain and simple… and I just hope that the Saints can get something in return before he just “washes out”.
I don’t think Baun is a bad player… he’s just a terrible fit for the Saints scheme and defense.
Right now, he still has some upside left… he could be flipped to another team… for a player that that team missed on for the same reasons the Saints missed on Baun…

For example… trade Baun straight up for Josiah Deguara from the Packers. Deguara is miscast as a TE in GB, and he’s buried on the depth chart after being banged-up early on.. He could be a force as a FB/H-Back in the Saints offense.

Trade Baun and a conditional pick to the Eagles for Andre Dillard! Dillard is solid OT, but hasn’t cracked the starting lineup in Philly. He’s got upside still, and 1st round pedigree.

…or just trade him for a conditional pick! Just trade him for something before the Turk comes for him.
After reading your post it seems like you just want Zach Baun gone. Am I correct? If I can recall correctly the Saints made a Trade in the 3rd round to get Zach Baun. When the deal was made it was understood that Baun would take some some time. Come on Man! Everybody is not a Demario Davis although I wished they were. The person that I'm concern about is Pete Werner , can he fill the Bill You aren't going to get much in trade value on a 3rd pick as Baun was, unless another team see something in him that the Saints don't. but more is expected form a 1st round pick. I would be incline to agree with you had Baun been a 1st round pick. We'll see how he's progressing this his 3 year. I personally think that he'll deliver.

Everybody is not a Demario Davis although I wished they were.
Absolutely.

Even Demario was in the league 6 years before he broke out with Saints. He spent 4 years with the Jets, 1 year with the Browns, and 1 year back with the Jets before he came here and became the player he is today. Could have been because of the teams he played for, but no one else wanted him until we took a chance.

Some players just take more time than others. Baun? No clue, but the Saints coaches will have feel for his potential. Much more than we fans do.

there are several other guys who's names we haven't really heard: Maye, Lattimore (aside from today's injury), McCoy, PJ...im sure there are a few others.
What happened to Lattimore?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom