Zack Streif!!! (1 Viewer)

Pretty sure the wall stays in place. We will have to replace Evans and Strief with some rookies. Think the team finally realized that Peat's only problem was being moved to the Right side. He's played on the Left his entire career and is on the record saying he feels most comfortable on the Left.

I don't think it's as much as playing him on the right side is it is we have flopped him back n forth, not giving him an offseason exclusively working on the right side . Unless you've played both sides for a while can't expect a rookie or even a 2nd yr player to be able to swap sides at the drop of a hat . I still can see AP making the switch to RT when ZS is done

Big props to Strief. He is about the same age as Jahri Evans, and was able to bounce back after the worst year of his career. He must have worked really hard, and his reliability at RT is so important to the stability of the O line.

My bigger worry right now is Jahri. Who's going to replace him.

Our RG is under a one-year contract. He's had injuries. He quit when the team asked him to take a pay cut. He only re-joined after he was cut by the new team that hired him.

I think Zach stays on and finishes out his new contract. But Jahri I think might get replaced.

Anyone know if Strief did something in the offseason to improve his game, like lose weight? Very solid in pass pro this year.

I don't think it's as much as playing him on the right side is it is we have flopped him back n forth, not giving him an offseason exclusively working on the right side . Unless you've played both sides for a while can't expect a rookie or even a 2nd yr player to be able to swap sides at the drop of a hat . I still can see AP making the switch to RT when ZS is done

It depend if we can get a stud guard. I feel that left is pretty elite when healthy. And Peat/ Armstead aren't even at their best while Unger is still elite. I would try to find other replacement on the right side. Maybe another high pick and Turner.

We will need to look for 2 OGs in the near future. Strief has 1 more season after this maybe more. I will bet anything Peat eventually takes over at RT for Strief but until then we are fine just need another OG. People are putting way to much into this right/left stuff with Peat. He was bad all over the OLine but the left side just so happen to be where he settled down when he was improving and the game starting to slow down for him. Peat with a full off season at RT will be perfectly fine. The only difference is foot work which comes with a little time. Peat never had the proper time to get adjusted being moved all over and he was still improving. Of course he was a little more comfortable on the left side but with time the right will be the same. Peat will be a RT when Strief is done here and I'll bet on that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom