Zack Streif!!! (1 Viewer)

GilFinnerty

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Surprised no threads. One of the more bashed players in this forum having a pro bowl caliber year.

This is by far his best year. I hope he can play at this level for two more years. I don't want to break up The Wall( Armstead-Peat-Unger)

It's interesting how some offensive linemen peak late in their careers and seemingly get better with age. Strief is a prime example.

This is by far his best year. I hope he can play at this level for two more years. I don't want to break up The Wall( Armstead-Peat-Unger)

Pretty sure the wall stays in place. We will have to replace Evans and Strief with some rookies. Think the team finally realized that Peat's only problem was being moved to the Right side. He's played on the Left his entire career and is on the record saying he feels most comfortable on the Left.

He always grades out solid at the end of the year. He has way more games where he is a solid competent experienced RT then he don't. Games like he had against Texans last year, Tampa, and a few others stick out in folks mind but one of our most consitent players the last decade. Excellent 7th rounder.

I'm not even putting Texans game all on him. We did a bad job in game planning pass protection that game. Watt controlled the flow and pulse of that game, and we didn't start chipping til the 2nd half. Now worst game of his career when A low drafted buc rookie got him for three sacks and multiple pressures. I remember a couple years back Houston for KC had a field day with him. But in a ten year career can only think of maybe ten stinkers

Pretty sure the wall stays in place. We will have to replace Evans and Strief with some rookies. Think the team finally realized that Peat's only problem was being moved to the Right side. He's played on the Left his entire career and is on the record saying he feels most comfortable on the Left.

Still see some strenght defenicies in his game. He hasn't been a disaster but he he at this point in his career not playing starter caliber football. Now not saying he isn't a asset. Swing O lineman are very valuable but the quality of his snaps are not starter quality. Still plenty of time for him to get better though

I think he is signed through 2017. I'm thinking they keep him around until then, but at some point you'll need to look for a legit replacement for him. I think Peat stays at LG, so it won't be him.

I believe Streif & Evans had been less than 100% healthy the last couple years and trying to play through nagging injuries. Now that they are completely healthy, they are playing much better. Hopefully we can draft a RT & G this year and keep Streif & Evans one more season playing at high level and let the rooks learn under them for a season.

I think he is signed through 2017. I'm thinking they keep him around until then, but at some point you'll need to look for a legit replacement for him. I think Peat stays at LG, so it won't be him.

Zach has played exceptional. What the team plans on doing with the right side of the Oline will be very interesting to watch this offseason. Personally, I think they look for a starting RG (love you Jahri, but it may be time) and a heir apparent at RT with Zach still as the starter.

This would keep a little more continuity, only replacing one starter and it would keep from having to spend 2 large resources on the Oline. You would still have to spend a bit to get a top flight RG in free agency, but you can go with a little less valuable resource (mid round draft pick) to spend on the RT, knowing that you will most likely get a servicable 2017 out of Zach.

Zach's fine play is not only a boon for this season, but it very well may allow the Saints to spend a bit more (FA $$ or higher draft pick) on pass rush help. It's a win on multiple fronts.

Zach has played exceptional. What the team plans on doing with the right side of the Oline will be very interesting to watch this offseason. Personally, I think they look for a starting RG (love you Jahri, but it may be time) and a heir apparent at RT with Zach still as the starter.

This would keep a little more continuity, only replacing one starter and it would keep from having to spend 2 large resources on the Oline. You would still have to spend a bit to get a top flight RG in free agency, but you can go with a little less valuable resource (mid round draft pick) to spend on the RT, knowing that you will most likely get a servicable 2017 out of Zach.

Zach's fine play is not only a boon for this season, but it very well may allow the Saints to spend a bit more (FA $$ or higher draft pick) on pass rush help. It's a win on multiple fronts.
Landon Turner might be a year or two away from seeing the field?

I completely forgot about Landon Turner. I really hope he can develop and step right in for Jahri in another season or two. That would save us a draft pick to use on another position.
Yes, Getting lucky with late round Lineman turning All-Pro is a god send. Especially when we need a franchise-caliber pass rusher/Linebacker(I hope SA is just having a sophomore slump) badly in this next draft.

Kudos to Zach. He's been nothing short of awesome. He deserves the team captain designation. He's playing well near the end of his career.

If Zach's successor is a draft pick, that pick will need a year or two as a backup. I'm thinking Mike McGlinchey (Notre Dame) in the 2018 draft.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom