Zack Strief last night (1 Viewer)

strandedsaint

Pro-Bowler
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't get a chance to listen last night, but did Zack improve from the first week? I would like to hear some feedback on his performance!

Clunky said uh too much . His Voice does not scream PBP . Too many mistakes ZS was a great player and could probably do color real well , just not cut out for PBP .Deuce picking up the slack as much as he can but turn down the sound on the TV and listen to the radio is just gonna be much harder from now on

I miss Henderson too, but I think that Strief improved this week . His opening seemed smoother, and his voice was better, except for some slip ups. Could WWL have done better ? Probably. But, I am going to hang with him and give him a chance. My first year at my job was not my best, but I learned. Duece should be able to help him, because I like Deuce.

Clunky said uh too much . His Voice does not scream PBP . Too many mistakes ZS was a great player and could probably do color real well , just not cut out for PBP .Deuce picking up the slack as much as he can but turn down the sound on the TV and listen to the radio is just gonna be much harder from now on

Yiles! That bad? Big Strief's a rook PBP, though. I didnt listen to it, but is there at least potential for improvement? I remember Stinchcomb being a bit shaky at first, but now he seems all good.

I didn’t listen, but several in game day chat said he was much improved this week.

Last edited:
Jim Henderson did not start out as Jim Henderson
How many rookie players would be considered good based on their rookie year?

Man do I feel sorry for whoever replaces Drew
Jim Henderson would be a tough act to follow for anyone. Takes a determined man to want to do so.

He's not Jim Henderson but objectively, of all the local radio broadcast teams I've listened to for other NFL teams, he's not bad.

Really, Jim Henderson was on another level for a local radio broadcaster. All that considered, and being a rookie at the job, he's doing OK. There's room to get better and seems like he will.

In all honesty, I thought he was fine last night (and I'm not one who was jumping for joy over the hire). There were a few name mistakes & he does slip into Deuce's analytical role sometimes, but overall I found him just as listenable as anyone else. Does he have that smooth, refined PBP voice that some of these network haircuts have? No, but neither have some of the other greats. Paul Allen of the Vikings sounds like a guy screaming in traffic, and he has a huge fanbase in Minnesota for example

Didn’t hear it last night but I agree with the crowd that says he’s still new to this and he’ll get better.

I’m rooting for Zach because he WANTS this job. He’s a Retired Saint who wants to be the next “Voice of the Saints”.

Jim Henderson did not start out as Jim Henderson
How many rookie players would be considered good based on their rookie year?

Man do I feel sorry for whoever replaces Drew

Jim Henderson didn't start out as the PBP guy for an NFL team though. That's a job you are supposed to work your way up to.

It's too late now, but I really wanted us to go out and get a real pro. WWL as a whole, not just play by play, feels bush-league compared to other NFL cities.

Jim Henderson didn't start out as the PBP guy for an NFL team though. That's a job you are supposed to work your way up to.

It's too late now, but I really wanted us to go out and get a real pro. WWL as a whole, not just play by play, feels bush-league compared to other NFL cities.

This is the real problem IMO and it's getting directed at Zach unfortunately. They go for the local loyalty factor over professionalism....every....time.

Anyone else hear him say shart, then quickly corrected it to short. I LOLd

On the basketball side David Wesley, also a former nola player, didn't start off too well at all. Now I can't imagine the tv broadcast without him. He's gotten that good.

Give Strief a chance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom