Zelda: Breath of the Wild (1 Viewer)

I think they are bending over backwards to answer your impossible question. Are you looking for something never before seen in a video game? Is that your criteria for original? I mean, it's a Zelda game that goes for an open world theme. It's borrowing from itself and plenty of other games. Perhaps the most novel aspects are the art style, including very judicious use of music, and the physics model, which is pretty incredible. Nothing is off limits. I'll say this. It's the best game I've ever played.

Nirvana played a solid cover of The Man Who Sold The World and sounds very Nirvana but it's still very much a David Bowie song

i guess i am just trying to figure out why people make claims like "this game is a rip-off of that game"....video game development is and has always been a copy-cat industry...there are rarely new ideas implemented in a game....

there is nothing wrong with game devs copying systems and mechanics from other games...

i was not trying to single out BOTW, although i should have expected the Nintendo fanboys to get their panties wadded ;)

Nirvana played a solid cover of The Man Who Sold The World and sounds very Nirvana but it's still very much a David Bowie song

i guess i am just trying to figure out why people make claims like "this game is a rip-off of that game"....video game development is and has always been a copy-cat industry...there are rarely new ideas implemented in a game....

there is nothing wrong with game devs copying systems and mechanics from other games...

i was not trying to single out BOTW, although i should have expected the Nintendo fanboys to get their panties wadded ;)
The criticism really lies in the fact that Genshin is basically a copy paste ripoff of BOTW. The enemies are basically the exact same save for some minor cosmetic tweaks. Hell, they didn't even bother to change most of the HUD icons. I've only seen video of Genshin but it's pretty obvious where the source material came from since I, well, played BOTW.

The criticism really lies in the fact that Genshin is basically a copy paste ripoff of BOTW. The enemies are basically the exact same save for some minor cosmetic tweaks. Hell, they didn't even bother to change most of the HUD icons. I've only seen video of Genshin but it's pretty obvious where the source material came from since I, well, played BOTW.

thank you for actually answering the original question i had

that wasn't really the point of my question though

The same question can be asked about any video game since pong. BOTW is a PHENOMINAL game. If it took the best elements from every game every made and put them in their game...kuddos to them. Who cares if it is or isn't unique...I know a ton of incredibly unique games that suck, and I don't know any "unique" games that are as good as BOTW.

The same question can be asked about any video game since pong. BOTW is a PHENOMINAL game. If it took the best elements from every game every made and put them in their game...kuddos to them. Who cares if it is or isn't unique...I know a ton of incredibly unique games that suck, and I don't know any "unique" games that are as good as BOTW.

i already acknowledged all of that and that’s not even what i was asking...and i was right about the fanboys coming to defend BOTW :rolleyes:

I'm calling it now there's no way this game comes out next year

I hope youre wrong. I just feel like theyre holding it to be a release title for the new switch in the spring.

I hope I am too. But I think every Zelda game has been delayed at least once

I also caught that they didn't say it was coming out in 2022, they said they were aiming for a 2022 release

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom