Zelda: Breath of the Wild (1 Viewer)

Tears of the Kingdom may have only been available for a few hours, but Zelda speedrunners are already finishing Link’s latest adventure in just 1 hour and 34 minutes.

Over on YouTube, user gymnast86 has posted their Any% completion video to their YouTube account (as spotted by VGC), reaching Tears of the Kingdom’s credits in about the same amount of time as your average movie.

They’d later explain some of their methods in a separate infodump video – which of course, contains spoilers, as does the video of the run itself which we’ve posted below – so don’t click either link (pun not intended) if you don’t want to see!

Of course, as it’s launch day this time is sure to be cut down by speedrunners as the days and months go by, and there’s already three runs pending on the game’s entry on Speedrun.com – although they won’t officially go live until the leaderboards open on May 26.

It’s sure to be a very popular category, with the tricks and methods players are already finding to use Link’s new abilities in the game……

Figured you needs would be in here talking about this
I’ve got to tap my hat to this game- my kids have playing this since Friday and have been really good about supporting each others play throughs and sharing (mostly) and it’s generally been just good vibes in the house
For a 15 and 9 year old to be this chill AND excited/invested in the same game says a lot

Thumbs up Zelda

I’ve downloaded it but haven’t actually played it yet

With the reviews rolling in thick and fast, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has joined an exclusive club of six games to be given a 'perfect' score in both Famitsuand EDGE magazines (thanks, VGC).

The latest review came from Famitsu, which granted the game a perfect 40/40 after receiving unique ratings from four of its critics. Since its first issue in 1986, the magazine has only given out 28 perfect scores, placing Tears of the Kingdom in with some elite company.

Equally elite is landing a 10 from Edge magazine, which has only given out 24 reviews of such high praise over its 30-year publishing history…….

This game is highly addictive. Lovin’ every minute of it.

It is a time stealer. Sit down at 6 to play for an hour, blink and it's been 4.

I'm just getting into it. I'm headed to rito now. I have to admit that the graphics were a distraction for a few hours, especially on the sky island. I've been playing PC and PS5 games for the most part and man...it was an adjustment. Nintendo desperately needs new hardware. It's a shame we can't have this game with HD textures and 60fps.

I'm enjoying it so far. And my kids like to watch me play so that's a plus.

I'm just getting into it. I'm headed to rito now. I have to admit that the graphics were a distraction for a few hours, especially on the sky island. I've been playing PC and PS5 games for the most part and man...it was an adjustment. Nintendo desperately needs new hardware. It's a shame we can't have this game with HD textures and 60fps.

I'm enjoying it so far. And my kids like to watch me play so that's a plus.
I've been playing on the handheld screen and it's hard to tell what's going on. Apparently my nephews purloined my good switch controller, so it looks like I'm off to Best Buy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom