OP
Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This made me laugh

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uyqs75BXIRk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brennan77

Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Alright. I'm over 100 hours in and wouldn't be surprised to have another 100 without being bored. The idea that we don't have a giant thread dedicated to this game indeed gives meaning to the RIP Video Game board thread. This game continues to give genuine feelings of discovery and awe. It might be the best and most beautiful game I've ever played. My singular complaint is the lack of the old school dungeon. But I can forgive it because it was done in service to an ideal of never truly leaving the open world.

It is the sole game that my wife asks me to play so that she can watch. People, get with the program. BOTW is your wildest dream come true.

antipop

Get egg hunts
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Alright. I'm over 100 hours in and wouldn't be surprised to have another 100 without being bored. The idea that we don't have a giant thread dedicated to this game indeed gives meaning to the RIP Video Game board thread. This game continues to give genuine feelings of discovery and awe. It might be the best and most beautiful game I've ever played. My singular complaint is the lack of the old school dungeon. But I can forgive it because it was done in service to an ideal of never truly leaving the open world.

It is the sole game that my wife asks me to play so that she can watch. People, get with the program. BOTW is your wildest dream come true.
I think most people here just don't care about Nintendo, I doubt the lack of Zelda discussion is proof of anything going on here....

Brennan77

Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I think most people here just don't care about Nintendo, I doubt the lack of Zelda discussion is proof of anything going on here....
Its hyperbole. But it is pretty odd for a video game board that the visible majority would not care about Nintendo. But I guess that's Nintendo fault. The Wii U was a flop despite it being a good system.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

antipop

Get egg hunts
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Its hyperbole. But it is pretty odd for a video game board that the visible majority would not care about Nintendo. But I guess that's Nintendo fault. The Wii U was a flop despite it being a good system.

I think it probably goes back to the Wii...they sold a Brazilian of those things and at the end of the day, the library was mostly crap and retreads of 15 year old titles...for many people, the novelty wore off pretty quickly and they became expensive door stops....

I also think they are mostly left with their fanboys at this point...there are a lot of them but Nintendo doesn't seem interested in trying to compete with the other two at this point...they carved a niche out and are probably good with it

UptownSaintsFan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
This game is the only reason i may get a switch, though i'm still really on the fence. Not sure i need a third console.

ktulu909

Not Band
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This game is the only reason i may get a switch, though i'm still really on the fence. Not sure i need a third console.
I'm at about 150 hours and still play it at least 4 or 5 times a week. Mario-kart is pretty cool too, as is the street fighter reboot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

andregurov

Compassion is the basis of morality.
Reaction score
It is a fantastic game, but the Nintendo fans are fairly quiet around here. I've sunk dozens of hours into it and barely scratched the surface of what is there. MK8 has taken our interest lately (again, after putting about 200 hours into it on Wii U). And can't wait for Splatoon 2! The first one was a delight to play.

Optimus Walken

"Mr. RNG"
Reaction score
It really is a very fun game but I honestly I haven't even played it in a month. I'm getting ready to list this and the switch on eBay. Good thing is that I can probably still make all my money back.

The Mongoose

Porkers?
Reaction score
I just got my kid a switch two days ago.

You can definitely get your money back. They're still hard to find.

Twenty

Eternal
Reaction score
It really is a very fun game but I honestly I haven't even played it in a month. I'm getting ready to list this and the switch on eBay. Good thing is that I can probably still make all my money back.
Use that money to buy a peecee

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Nintendo just isn't for older gamers, with the exception of Zelda. They stayed with kids mostly.

I'd love to play the Zelda games, but I hated the idea of getting a console to just play one game.

it all started when the major publishers jumped to Playstation, and later Xbox.

Brennan77

Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Nintendo just isn't for older gamers, with the exception of Zelda. They stayed with kids mostly.

I'd love to play the Zelda games, but I hated the idea of getting a console to just play one game.

it all started when the major publishers jumped to Playstation, and later Xbox.
I disagree, unless of course you limit older gamers to first person shooters. Don't get me wrong, I love my PS4, especially for the exclusives. That's why I have one. But I enjoy Mario games just as much as Uncharted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I disagree, unless of course you limit older gamers to first person shooters. Don't get me wrong, I love my PS4, especially for the exclusives. That's why I have one. But I enjoy Mario games just as much as Uncharted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
I understand that, but by probability, the types of games an older teen, to young adult would play.. shooters, action adventure, games with a story, RPG's, etc are now rated Teen or MA.. and are only on PS and Xbox. And many of us were the ones who had a Nintendo, then Super Nintendo (maybe a Genisis too), then when PS came out, some people bought that and N64, others made a choice.

Heck, I was playing a Super Mario World ROM on my PC and was having a great time.

But, the gaming landscape changed drastically when PS came out and used a CD format and Nintendo decided to stick to Cartridges for N64. When Square Soft, Enix, EA, Konami, and others all jumped ship to Sony, Nintendo lost their broader base. Those of us who were in our later Teens and such, mostly went with PS for those games and because they were like PG-13 style games that felt more grown up. Remember when Nintendo made a big stink about the blood in Mortal Kombat, but Genesis didn't? They've always catered to a younger or innocent crowd. That's fine, but it's limiting.

The Wii was the closest they came to taking market share back, because it created a "group party play" vibe. They focused on multiplayer local, vs multiplayer online.

barto

All-Pro
Reaction score
I need to dust off my switch and finish BOTW. I have about 4 games i really need to finish before getting the new xbox one x. The last game i actually beat was Rise of the Tomb Raider

Games i still need to beat/complete:

Skyrim
Fallout 4
Halo 5
Witcher 3
Uncharted Remastered series

I just buy games and plan to play them, then end up never finishing them. I think that's what happens when you get older and start having children. It seems like the only time i really want to play games are this time of year, as there are no sports i really want to watch on TV until late August. I guess i better get moving....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom