Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2 Viewers)

I thought his whole point was that Nintendo was a solid number 2, so I'm lost about the disagreement too.

I just want to know what makes this game so special?? how does it set itself apart from other games in the genre??

it's being hailed as one of the greatest games ever made....I just find that hard to believe that it does anything different or new other than being a new Zelda game

if it was not a Zelda game, would people even care about it???

If you're curious, you could buy a copy of the game. Or you could read one of the many reviews saying the game is special and why. I'm trusting the history and precedent of Zelda alone for my investment. I hope that is rewarded. I'll let you know how I feel and why after I've had an opportunity to play the game for a while.

But for now, I'm fighting machines...and my wife. ;)

If you're curious, you could buy a copy of the game. Or you could read one of the many reviews saying the game is special and why. I'm trusting the history and precedent of Zelda alone for my investment. I hope that is rewarded. I'll let you know how I feel and why after I've had an opportunity to play the game for a while.

But for now, I'm fighting machines...and my wife. ;)

If I could find a Switch now, I would buy it. I expect the shine will have worn off by the time I can find one.

If I could find a Switch now, I would buy it. I expect the shine will have worn off by the time I can find one.
You shouldn't have too much trouble. They are being restocked pretty well from what my brother tells me. (Works for target)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I think Mongoose is the official Dreamcast guy

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/031vKBPk5eA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This game is really special. Huge world, so fun and absolutely beautiful. Everywhere you can see can be explored. Climbing the highest mountain peaks and then gliding down is a thrill. So much to do and discover, anyone who says the world is empty is a fool. I've put in about 8 hours and it doesn't feel as if I've even made a dent.

I've been playing on the Wii U. I was an early adopter and aside from buying the 8gb version I don't have any regrets. Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Smash Brothers, Nintendo World, and BotW have made the Wii U worth the purchase for me.

I watched a few hours from end of tutorial into the area to the East. Story/lore seems ok, but the rest seems decent but not spectacular. The breaking weapons and number of weapons to pickup and drop is ridiculous, and I'm not sure the point of having 3 minute one puzzle shrine/dungeons. I'm assuming things get a bit better or more complicated in later zones. The hang gliding is cool and some of the characterizations are cool, and it does look like a major studio game. I'm just not buying even top 20 all time based on what I'm seeing though.

<iframe src='https://gfycat.com/ifr/RegalFluffyBufeo?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2F5yglgx' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' width='640' height='360' allowfullscreen></iframe>

1G6csbR.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nf1vNh2I8Fc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I picked a switch up mainly to be a starter system for my son so I figured I'd see what this game is about. It's definitely fun and got me wanting to go back and keep playing but I'd hardly call it a masterpiece.

This game is awesome so far. I occasionally wish for more processing power, with the emphasis being on occasionally. But if this quality keeps up, I'll go ahead and say this is best Zelda ever, which solidly puts it in 'masterpiece' status. Just finding my own way while my wife yells at me that she did it a different way is pretty freaking cool.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It has been a 9 for me. Awesome game, I'm probably 80 hours in. And I am not a fanboy of any system, I have them all, and love them all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom