Zelda: Breath of the Wild (1 Viewer)

Its hyperbole. But it is pretty odd for a video game board that the visible majority would not care about Nintendo. But I guess that's Nintendo fault. The Wii U was a flop despite it being a good system.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Nintendo just isn't for older gamers, with the exception of Zelda. They stayed with kids mostly.

I'd love to play the Zelda games, but I hated the idea of getting a console to just play one game.

it all started when the major publishers jumped to Playstation, and later Xbox.

Nintendo just isn't for older gamers, with the exception of Zelda. They stayed with kids mostly.

I'd love to play the Zelda games, but I hated the idea of getting a console to just play one game.

it all started when the major publishers jumped to Playstation, and later Xbox.
I disagree, unless of course you limit older gamers to first person shooters. Don't get me wrong, I love my PS4, especially for the exclusives. That's why I have one. But I enjoy Mario games just as much as Uncharted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I disagree, unless of course you limit older gamers to first person shooters. Don't get me wrong, I love my PS4, especially for the exclusives. That's why I have one. But I enjoy Mario games just as much as Uncharted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I understand that, but by probability, the types of games an older teen, to young adult would play.. shooters, action adventure, games with a story, RPG's, etc are now rated Teen or MA.. and are only on PS and Xbox. And many of us were the ones who had a Nintendo, then Super Nintendo (maybe a Genisis too), then when PS came out, some people bought that and N64, others made a choice.

Heck, I was playing a Super Mario World ROM on my PC and was having a great time.

But, the gaming landscape changed drastically when PS came out and used a CD format and Nintendo decided to stick to Cartridges for N64. When Square Soft, Enix, EA, Konami, and others all jumped ship to Sony, Nintendo lost their broader base. Those of us who were in our later Teens and such, mostly went with PS for those games and because they were like PG-13 style games that felt more grown up. Remember when Nintendo made a big stink about the blood in Mortal Kombat, but Genesis didn't? They've always catered to a younger or innocent crowd. That's fine, but it's limiting.

The Wii was the closest they came to taking market share back, because it created a "group party play" vibe. They focused on multiplayer local, vs multiplayer online.

I need to dust off my switch and finish BOTW. I have about 4 games i really need to finish before getting the new xbox one x. The last game i actually beat was Rise of the Tomb Raider

Games i still need to beat/complete:

Skyrim
Fallout 4
Halo 5
Witcher 3
Uncharted Remastered series

I just buy games and plan to play them, then end up never finishing them. I think that's what happens when you get older and start having children. It seems like the only time i really want to play games are this time of year, as there are no sports i really want to watch on TV until late August. I guess i better get moving....

Brah, just do like me. Play the Prologue and never touch that mother ****er again.

I need to dust off my switch and finish BOTW. I have about 4 games i really need to finish before getting the new xbox one x. The last game i actually beat was Rise of the Tomb Raider

Skyrim
Fallout 4
Halo 5
Witcher 3

I just buy games and plan to play them, then end up never finishing them. I think that's what happens when you get older and start having children. It seems like the only time i really want to play games are this time of year, as there are no sports i really want to watch on TV until late August. I guess i better get moving....

The Witcher 3 really needs to be at the top of your list.

just these 3 have several hundred hours of gameplay

better get to work

Yeah, the Witcher 3 was the better part of a year of my life. I ran though it twice, and all the DLC. And I still didn't quite get 100% completion. It's the rare game I want to complete it all.

Skyrim
Fallout 4
Halo 5
Witcher 3

Like Saint_Ward said, put the Witcher 3 right at the top. Fallout you could probably just not finish, the end of the story line is like pulling teeth. That game was pretty underwhelming and I spent most of my time just building settlements.

Like Saint_Ward said, put the Witcher 3 right at the top. Fallout you could probably just not finish, the end of the story line is like pulling teeth. That game was pretty underwhelming and I spent most of my time just building settlements.

boo this man

Fallout 4 was fun....lots of stuff to do...I think i spent 250 hours on that one

boo this man

Fallout 4 was fun....lots of stuff to do...I think i spent 250 hours on that one

So did I, then I got to the end of the story, had no desire to buy the DLC.
It was a good game, the problem is, I felt like I was playing through an HD version of fallout 3 with a less compelling story.

Then again, I'm enjoying Andromeda right now and the entire gaming world seems to hate it so.... :idunno: :hihi:

Andromeda was okay....

but I didn't feel compelled to carry on once the story was finished...

too many empty planets and crappy shooting mechanics

Andromeda was okay....

but I didn't feel compelled to carry on once the story was finished...

too many empty planets and crappy shooting mechanics

I'd probably agree, but I'm compelled to finish the story and even though it has a ton of hiccups it's not all that bad.

Witcher 3 is still the one I want to keep playing. I enjoyed replaying Fallout 3 and all of the Elder Scrolls stuff, but for some reason Fallout 4 just seemed like a chore after building the crap out of 3 or 4 settlements and trying to get through the end.

Looking forward to Far cry 5 and Anthem a lot though.

One of these days I'll steal Breath of the Wild away from my wife.

I'd probably agree, but I'm compelled to finish the story and even though it has a ton of hiccups it's not all that bad.

Witcher 3 is still the one I want to keep playing. I enjoyed replaying Fallout 3 and all of the Elder Scrolls stuff, but for some reason Fallout 4 just seemed like a chore after building the crap out of 3 or 4 settlements and trying to get through the end.

Looking forward to Far cry 5 and Anthem a lot though.

One of these days I'll steal Breath of the Wild away from my wife.

I liked fallout more than the witcher. The witcher was very good, but i didn't finish. I also hate any game mechanic that uses something like the witcher sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom