Zero accountability, zero leadership. Why is this acceptable? (1 Viewer)

Nolan

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I'm at a loss for why this level of coaching is acceptable.

Not every head football coach will be the same. But regardless of the style, you need to be able to command the respect of your players. There's the stoic style. The intense, fear driven style. The master motivators. The loud personalities. Whatever the case- they need to fear you, love you, respect you, and most importantly play hard for you. Any cominbation can elevate talent.

What endearing qualities has Dennis shown as a head coach? There's no personality, no intensity. No leadership. Just a confused, puzzled look 99% of the time. He can't reach these players and it's painfully obvious.

Based on defensive talent alone we held the 49ers to 13 points in their stadium. But we just tripped over our own feet for the entire game and didn't come close to resembling a professional football team.

Look at all of this:

Kamara fumbling leading to 3.
Olave dropping an easy catch as he falls to the ground inside the 10.
DA playing Roby over Taylor in the first, and his missed tackling leading to points.
Chris Harris with an awful penalty.
Ryan Ram false start on 4th and 5.
Lutz misses inside 50.
Kamara fumbling on the 1.
Two drops in the endzone.
QB taking a sack on 4th down with the game on the line.

It would be one thing if this was an anomaly game, but I can string together self destruction from every level in each game that we've played this season.

I just don't understand why this is viewed as okay. The level of professionalism and culture that Sean and Drew brought this franchise for 15+ years wasn't easy, but slowly we're watching it just flush away. And that's extremely sad.

I remember the quote from the lady who worked in the Raiders front office back when Dennis Allen had his awful stint there, and the quote that stuck with me all off-season was her mentioning that players were frequently coming into her office to voice concerns over his "and I'll use this term loosely, leadership" -- that quote haunts me every time I watch this team take the field. She was right. This guy is not a head coach, and he's not a leader of men.

He should have been let go 5 weeks ago when we stil had a chance to salvage this season. Now, we'll likely give the Eagles a top 8 pick and STILL be stuck with this staff next season. Mickey botched this so bad, man. Thinking that the substitute teacher could come close to continuing the brilliance of Sean Payton was absolutely unforgivable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom