Zero Passes beyond 20 yards (1 Viewer)

Drew is playing scared...he is afraid to uncork it and he seems like he is a second slow in hesitation when he does let it go

There were a few replays where you could see from Sanders’ body language he had beat his man and was like wth, where’s the ball? There’s only so long before Payton will lose players.

You're right. And it won't happen all at once. Losing players will happen a few at a time each game after the team goes 1-3. Which means the team will get worse each week little by little. Drew will still be in it because, God bless him, he's a fighter to the bitter end. That's what real leaders do. They go down with the ship. But not everybody is like that. In fact, most people are not. Rest assured, they will start quitting on Payton ... and unfortunately, they will start quitting on Brees. No matter how great of a leader you are. In sports, if you cannot do it on the field, you cannot be a leader. Players won't listen.

Drew is playing scared...he is afraid to uncork it and he seems like he is a second slow in hesitation when he does let it go

My bet is he's doing the smart thing. He probably realizes that he cannot make the throws anymore.

It can mean a couple of things.
1 obvious arm strength
2 defenses are playing deep and forcing us to throw underneath
3 we have no wr’s that can stretch the field.
4 Oline not holding up for a deep pass to develop
What's with all the logic? Would any other QB have a pitiful performance as us just because two best down field threats were injured? Just look at his numbers 29-36 288tds and three TDS for 30 points. No way you can win in the NFL with a performance like that.

What's with all the logic? Would any other QB have a pitiful performance as us just because two best down field threats were injured? Just look at his numbers 29-36 288tds and three TDS for 30 points. No way you can win in the NFL with a performance like that.

Sir, those stats don’t count because Brees didn’t launch the ball for 60 yards like Aaron. We lost by 7 because our offense was stagnant and not because our defense is porous like a Dollar Tree sponge.

Yeah. I’ve been looking for these stacked boxes everyone keeps claiming opposing D’s are playing and I didn’t see the consistent line crowding that this forum would have you believe.
Yep, haven't seen those, or these wide open deep receivers whom Drew, with the oline holding up, refuses to throw to because he knows he "got no arm strength" or better yet under throws for the same reason. Must have missed all this evidence of his decline.

I was confused at first why so many people were putting these losses on Drew despite the glaringly obvious issues on the defense, but I think i figured it out. If its just "Drew is to old to throw the deep ball" thats an easy fix, just replace him next year with the next young flashy thing with a strong arm. But if its the oline not holding up, no offensive players out side of Kamara and Thomas getting open, no pass rush talent outside of Cam, only one legit linebacker, the defensive backs not having ball skills despite their reputations, and so on and so forth, well then thats a different story, for that theres no quick fix, and we are in for a world of hurt once our Hall of Fame QB does retire.

Yep, haven't seen those, or these wide open deep receivers whom Drew, with the oline holding up, refuses to throw to because he knows he "got no arm strength" or better yet under throws for the same reason. Must have missed all this evidence of his decline.

I was confused at first why so many people were putting these losses on Drew despite the glaringly obvious issues on the defense, but I think i figured it out. If its just "Drew is to old to throw the deep ball" thats an easy fix, just replace him next year with the next young flashy thing with a strong arm. But if its the oline not holding up, no offensive players out side of Kamara and Thomas getting open, no pass rush talent outside of Cam, only one legit linebacker, the defensive backs not having ball skills despite their reputations, and so on and so forth, well then thats a different story, for that theres no quick fix, and we are in for a world of hurt once our Hall of Fame QB does retire.

I saw Drew check down to Kamara when Harris had his man beat by 5 yards down the sideline. Announcers even commented and showed the replay from Drew's POV. Soooo, did you take a bathroom break at some point?

Did the packers have preseason ?

Yes, but.

It drives me crazy how on week 1-3 we NEVER look prepared anymore. We used to come out week 1 and steamroll. The last 4 or 5 years we need to have a few games to get it figured out. I figured it would be even worse this year. So far, we look talented but sloppy.

So for us this is normal. Other teams come out gunning on week (Seahawks, packers....etc) and we have to play catch up.

So you are right, but it's nothing to freak out about. Offense is gonna be fine and defense needs to step up a LOT for us to have any chance at a good season.

I want people to post screen shots. I am a member of a few different hobby forums and you wouldn't believe how people talk a big game and actually know nothing.

I mean maybe it's true so just take some screen grabs and prove it.

Who said anything about "suddenly"? People have been saying it on this forum for the last 4 years that his arm strength is visibly less every year. What's ridiculous is to think that this decrease in arm strength happened overnight. It didn't. Brees has been losing arm strength little by little over the last 4 years at least. He never had a rocket to begin with. So, it's become a glaring problem this year. He is now Checkdown Charlie. No way around it.

I don't question that he's lost arm strength, and everyone knows he never had a cannon to start with. My use of the word "suddenly" related to all of the hyperbole being thrown around following the stat in the thread title. It seemed like much of it was that he'd lost the ability to hit an open man 20 yards away. But there are always other parts to the story (OL protection, WR separation, WR routes run, etc).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom