Zeta recovery everyone ok? (1 Viewer)

I'm in Laplace and I think the whole of St. John the Baptist parish is without electricity. We lost power around 7PM yesterday. I haven't seen any damage but if I had to guess, there are trees down.

Also City Park area. Still no power, but they've got it around the corner.

I haven't gone exploring yet - waiting for it to warm up a bit. :hihi:

In Picayune. Eye went over us but we luckily never lost power totally after flickering several times. No trees down I've seen yet, just lots of pine needles, leaves, branches. Still very breezy this morning which will help dry things out and blow some of that lighter stuff off the roads. All in all, we are very lucky.

No power in the Navarre Neighborhood near City Park across from Delgado. Weird thing is we had power and internet through the northern half of the eye wall and all through the eye, but the south end of the eye wall took it out.

I posted this in the other thread, but it was really weird going through the eye wall, into the eye, and out the other side. You always hear about it, but it's strange to finally experience it. There was a really nice sunset in the eye. Kids were out playing in the street (Not my kids). Then all hell broke loose again.

Only damage I had was a large piece of my wooden fence went down. The wind pushed the poles over in the wet ground. My neighbor down the street had about half of a giant tree fall on his truck.

Made out really good in Back Vacherie other than a lot of tree debris to clean up. Power flickered, but it did not go out. All in all, we were extremely lucky. The eye definitely passed too close for comfort from us. The saving grace was the storm was racing through the area. If it's forward speed was slower, more damage would be evident.

I'll good in the channel. Power came back on before midnight. I'm cleaning up debris including glass from my neighbor's window. Otherwise we look to be fine.

From Picayune. Lost power and just a few limbs to clean up. Was very lucky. Went to Ms. Power web site to report outage. Everything loaded up except the outage page.
Guess we will now wait.

Covington... All seems normal. No issues. Old Mandeville still no power and some areas of Mandeville and covington no power. But very minimal

Spoke to someone in Violet... Lost roof and most around her did as well. Also 2 clients Slidell... One has giant oak laying on home. Other has substantial wind damage ( oak harbor).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom