Ziggy Ansah didnt train for combine (2 Viewers)

I actually love it. Its like school training kids to pass the leap. You should be able to pass the LEAP if you've been able to pass your classes. Regardless of his limited experience...he has natural football instincts. It showed in his drills...it shows on the field.

I do.agree....our coaching.staff.doesnt have the patience.for young players which is why i doubt we draft him if available.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

You are right about some stuff. But he has zero football instincts. And he will have to be taught. Being taught causes brain freeze for him. He could turn out to be great. But right now the script on ansah is very similar to per draft Vince Young. Please don't' confuse the 40 and the three cone drill with football. Ansah is basically Junior Galette. Who I like. Just not in thefirst round.

Would his draft stock had gone up any higher had he done better? he had a VERY good combine... its not like he stunk up the joint. He also has a pro day to build on his strong combine. PLUS he has game tape that backs up his combine numbers.

But again the dude was finishing up his schoolwork I would definitely excuse his lack of training for that. It means he's putting a premium on his education. He has plenty of time to prep for his pro day and I expect him to do even better.

Devil's advocate here, since I don't think he'll be an option for us at 15, but he isn't gonna get paid millions in the NFL to solve Algebra problems or answer history questions. Maybe his head just isn't too much in the game of football a la Ricky Williams...

I'm calling schenanegans! What coach doesn't teach their players different stances or fundamentals? Also, no one bothered to tell Ziggy that he may want to train for the combine? Usually, if a player would perform poorly, then these would be major red flags. However, these coaches are just talking this stuff up like it's wonder bread. Seems to me, it looks like his coaches/agents are creating this super pedestal to put Ziggy on, so he gets drafted in the top 5. I'd pass. Give me a player that works his *** off, that seeks guidance, a student of the game, someone who doesn't take the combine for granted, and someone who's work ethic will only inspire fellow teammates to do the same. Regardless, of how "freakish" of an athlete he may be, I'm not buying into the hype.

Devil's advocate here, since I don't think he'll be an option for us at 15, but he isn't gonna get paid millions in the NFL to solve Algebra problems or answer history questions. Maybe his head just isn't too much in the game of football a la Ricky Williams...

Ricky Williams had way more problems than not having his head in the game of football. That was just a byproduct.

I'm calling schenanegans! What coach doesn't teach their players different stances or fundamentals? Also, no one bothered to tell Ziggy that he may want to train for the combine? Usually, if a player would perform poorly, then these would be major red flags. However, these coaches are just talking this stuff up like it's wonder bread. Seems to me, it looks like his coaches/agents are creating this super pedestal to put Ziggy on, so he gets drafted in the top 5. I'd pass. Give me a player that works his *** off, that seeks guidance, a student of the game, someone who doesn't take the combine for granted, and someone who's work ethic will only inspire fellow teammates to do the same. Regardless, of how "freakish" of an athlete he may be, I'm not buying into the hype.

Check into ansahs college career. It's 99% of his evaluation. The combine is better suited for drafting a track team.

But to your point he had a miserable week of practices at the senior bowl. He doesn't' do well with being taught. And he had ( as an amazing athlete) a habit of disappearing in college. This is the red flag with him. 1st round athlete with very little experience. Doesn't coach well. Very high risk potentially high reward 1st round pick.

There has been no arguing about his work ethic or motor....he worked his but off for 2 years to develop a football body. This is about guys training specifically for combine drills. I love that he did it naturally and did great.

There has been no arguing about his work ethic or motor....he worked his but off for 2 years to develop a football body. This is about guys training specifically for combine drills. I love that he did it naturally and did great.

Football is a weekly cycle of preparation. Just saying.

That's great an all. However, Michael Jordan once said "I never wanted anyone to work or train harder than me". I want a player with that mindset bc clearly our defense needs players with a "hungry" attitude. Just my opinion. You never know, he may go on to become one of the greatest players of all time!?! If that happens, then i will gladly eat crow. As of right now though, I see more hype than anything.

Seems like everyone has spilt opinions on him

He's a Jimmy Graham type athlete with a similarly limited football history. And he's being looked at as a first round pick. So........ how can it not be highly debatable.

That's great an all. However, Michael Jordan once said "I never wanted anyone to work or train harder than me". I want a player with that mindset bc clearly our defense needs players with a "hungry" attitude. Just my opinion. You never know, he may go on to become one of the greatest players of all time!?! If that happens, then i will gladly eat crow. As of right now though, I see more hype than anything.

Its a fair assessment.

Football is a weekly cycle of preparation. Just saying.

We are talking about the Combine not football.

But i do worry if he can hold up in a 17+ week season.

Great debate guys. This guy is so polarizing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom