Ziggy Ansah to visit Saints (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This upsets me. Hate the idea of plunging limited cap into an injury risk like Ansah.

His injury risk is exactly why he will more than likely come cheap. He also wouldnt see as many snaps here as he would be behind Cam and Marcus. He would be in a backup DE role and likely just get Okafor's snaps

His injury risk is exactly why he will more than likely come cheap. He also wouldnt see as many snaps here as he would be behind Cam and Marcus. He would be in a backup DE role and likely just get Okafor's snaps
I hope your market assessment is right, because currently we're seeing $12m annual values as the bottom range of the massive salaries being handed out to edge players.

But, for me, even if he signs for as little as $8m, it's a big risk to take. That's just my view and I appreciate it may not be as welcome compared to the testosterone rush of yelling 'We signed someone!'

Last edited:
I hope your market assessment is right, because currently we're seeing $12m annual values as the bottom range of the massive salaries being handed out to edge players.

But, for me, even if he signs for anywhere approaching $8m, it's a big risk to take. That's just my view and I appreciate it may not be as welcome compared to the testosterone rush of yelling 'We signed someone!'

Theres no way we would sign him at 8 million.. Okafor will probably get 5-6 mil, we would sign him for that before handing big money to Ansah as a backup.. If we throw 8 mil a year at someone it will be a DT like Suh

But, for me, even if he signs for anywhere approaching $8m, it's a big risk to take. That's just my view and I appreciate it may not be as welcome compared to the testosterone rush of yelling 'We signed someone!'

Haha $8m/year?!?!

That would be an absolute steal and not even reasonable to suggest. Double it to at least be realistic.

He’s going to command a premier passrushing contract.

Much closer to 5year 80million, than $8m/year.

I’d guess with injuries tho he’d be looking at like a 5year high 60million - low/mid 70 million

He seems pricey to me. That being said, there are certain positions that an injury can derail your season. Pass rusher is one. If you lose a guy and can't get pressure we all know how that plays out.

Haha $8m/year?!?!

That would be an absolute steal and not even reasonable to suggest. Double it to at least be realistic.

He’s going to command a premier passrushing contract.

Much closer to 5year 80million, than $8m/year.

I’d guess with injuries tho he’d be looking at like a 5year high 60million - low/mid 70 million

He won’t get close to that. The injuries and being close to 30 will keep him closer to $8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom