Ziggy Ansah to visit Saints (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Value also means contribution on the field. The staff didn't have the confidence to use Hendrickson which suggests that while his salary is cheap, he wasn't very valuable to the team's efforts. Ansah would surely add more value to the game day roster. Being inexpensive is one thing. Being serviceable on game day is another.
The staff didn't need Hendrickson because we had plenty of other DEs.

"Serviceable" is not the kind of money Ansah should get.

That is exactly right. Money value may be there for Hendrickson, but when he is on the field, he is pretty much a non-factor. He is weak at the POA and barely gets any push towards the QB.
Strange. I saw a guy who was competent out there. Good enough in the run game. Occasional pressure. And a 65 PFF grade to back it up. Literally the definition of serviceable.

LOL...Hendrickson was so valued he was a healthy Inactive more often than not, even after some others began to get nicked up.
Other people that played his position? No. That's when he saw the field.

Don't dare disagree with the hive mind, apparently.

The staff didn't need Hendrickson because we had plenty of other DEs.

"Serviceable" is not the kind of money Ansah should get.

Who do you mean by plenty others? The one person that comes to my mind is currently not under contract. So there's a need for a starting caliber DE or close in order to establish a good rotation.

Last edited:
Strange. I saw a guy who was competent out there. Good enough in the run game. Occasional pressure. And a 65 PFF grade to back it up. Literally the definition of serviceable.
You may have seen that, but apparently the coaching staff did not. Otherwise, he would have been active consistently and getting plays. I like him, but the staff appears to have some reservations.

Well obviously CSP and DA have a vison for this player or he wouldn't be coming for a visit . And lets remember its just a visit.

Ansah would replace Okafor if we either can't or dont want to re-sign Okafor for whatever reason. That's where the comparison should be... not between Ansah and Hendrickson.

As far as needing a DT more than we need a DE... yes we do. But as long as you're adding pressure players to the dline, you're improving it. Acquire the best players you can, then figure out where and how to line them up and use them.

You may have seen that, but apparently the coaching staff did not. Otherwise, he would have been active consistently and getting plays. I like him, but the staff appears to have some reservations.
How many times do I have to address this point? He wasn't active because we had other defensive ends: Jordan, Davenport, and Okafor.

Ansah would replace Okafor if we either can't or dont want to re-sign Okafor for whatever reason. That's where the comparison should be... not between Ansah and Hendrickson.

As far as needing a DT more than we need a DE... yes we do. But as long as you're adding pressure players to the dline, you're improving it. Acquire the best players you can, then figure out where and how to line them up and use them.
That's how you end up playing your best players out of position for large stretches of time and hurting the whole line.

Who do you mean by plenty others? The one person that comes to my mind is currently not under contract. So there's a need for a starting caliber DE or close in order to establish a good rotation.
If only we had a starting caliber DE on the bench to move in to that spot...and another young guy to rotate in. Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom