Ziggy Ansah to visit Saints (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only we had a starting caliber DE on the bench to move in to that spot...and another young guy to rotate in. Hmm.

How are you and Hendrickson related? By birth or by marriage?

There's no telling what may happen in the future but up until now he has not been a starting caliber anything. There is no debating that unless you believe that our coaching staff is stupid. There have been plenty of opportunities for us to plug him into our rotation the last few years if we thought that his play on the field warranted that. I am really having trouble understanding how you believe that is debatable.

How anybody is against signing a pro bowl talent DE who will come at a discount blows my mind. People will seriously beg for Okafor back but wonder what the Saints are doing by bringing Ansah in? This would give us 3 monster DEs with elite talent. Both Jordan and Ansah can slide inside as well. If we decide to pay him I guarantee there will be plenty of snaps left for this guy. Cam/Davenport/Ziggy would be one hell of a trip to rotate and keep fresh while also deploying at the same time to get after the QB. Count me on! I remember I was a fool for even mentioning him a year ago as it wasn’t possible..

How anybody is against signing a pro bowl talent DE who will come at a discount blows my mind. People will seriously beg for Okafor back but wonder what the Saints are doing by bringing Ansah in? This would give us 3 monster DEs with elite talent. Both Jordan and Ansah can slide inside as well. If we decide to pay him I guarantee there will be plenty of snaps left for this guy. Cam/Davenport/Ziggy would be one hell of a trip to rotate and keep fresh while also deploying at the same time to get after the QB. Count me on! I remember I was a fool for even mentioning him a year ago as it wasn’t possible..
I am not sure he will come at much of a discount, but I am all for this exploring someone of his talent.

If only we had a starting caliber DE on the bench to move in to that spot...and another young guy to rotate in. Hmm.

I like Hendrickson's upside as well. I'm with you. I would love for him to take the next step. But hy all appearances, he's not there yet in the eyes of the coaching staff. Maybe he surprises them this summer and makes whoever, Ansah, Okafor or whoever they bring in, expendable. But the fact is that it looks like the Saints aren't quite comfortable relying on a rotation of Davenport and Hendrickson.

Look, I'll be the first person to tell you that I'd would have liked to see Robertson get more snaps. He didn't. But that fact is evidence of how the staff views Robertson. So it's not illogical to think that the staff doesn't like our depth at DE despite having Hendrickson behind Davenport already. And with Okafor possibly not re-signing, I don't think going after another DE is as unimportant as you're painting it to be. We don't have the same number of DEs on the roster right now as we did when the season ended. And why not try to get better at such an important position?

How many times do I have to address this point? He wasn't active because we had other defensive ends: Jordan, Davenport, and Okafor.

Then you should understand the point others are making. The Saints don't see Hendrickson as a viable game day option at the moment if they are seeking to add someone in front of him on the roster. They are trying to improve the roster at DE. You feel that Hendrickson is the answer. It seems the staff does not.

I'll never be upset about bringing in pass rushers. You can never have enough. I always think back to the 2007 Giants team that had Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, Justin Tuck, and Mathias Kiwanuka. All four of those guys were natural DEs but they made it work.

Check out this thread 3 slots below yours:

I don't really mind when someone does this though. I mean, is he supposed to start from the beginning of a large thread or the end of it? What if the specific information he wants is page 7 of a 20 page thread? Is he supposed to scour the whole thing to find it?

I'll never be upset about bringing in pass rushers. You can never have enough. I always think back to the 2007 Giants team that had Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, Justin Tuck, and Mathias Kiwanuka. All four of those guys were natural DEs but they made it work.

Exactly! In today’s NFL it is going to take a DLine that can flat out get after the QB. Ansah is not just going to play DE here and can slide inside in a “NASCAR” defense as said similar to what the Giants did. If not him then both Jordan and Davenport have the size and strength to move around as well making our front very tough to prepare for. We would be able to keep our DEs very fresh with Hendrickson as the 4th guy in the rotation.

We will be getting Rankins back sooner then people think as well. He will be a full go at 100% before the midway point next season and likely back practicing in camp the way these guys recover.. as someone who has torn theirs twice he will be fine. Can you imagine Davenport/Rankins/Ansah/Jordan going after the QB?! Pass rushers have shown time and time again they win Super Bowls. If we can afford Ziggy and have a plan for him then we should go get him and I just don’t see how anybody can be against this. Davenport/Ziggy/Cam is 3 Freaks that is hands down the best trio in the NFL and then you throw in the little Bull Rankins.. that’s scary!!

Last edited:
It still doesn't excuse the need for a veteran DE/DT, but with the NC State line coach (Nielsen), I trust the develop of our young guys, and that includes Stallworth and Alex Jenkins (from UK that didn't count against our roster number).

I don't really mind when someone does this though. I mean, is he supposed to start from the beginning of a large thread or the end of it? What if the specific information he wants is page 7 of a 20 page thread? Is he supposed to scour the whole thing to find it?

Yes but that is also a small thread so you're example is a moot point.

Adding Ansah would definitely give us one of the most versatile D Lines in the league. We'd have three DEs who could line up anywhere along the front. And when Rankins gets back...forget about it. We'd have at least three legit pass rushers on the field every snap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom