Ziggy Ansah Update [Signed with Seattle] (1 Viewer)

I think when the team has still a lot of cap space you could easily pay Ansah a 1 year 5-8 million prove-it deal. You don´t mess with next year´s cap and you get a player that could be motivated enough to prove he still has it. It´s the Nick Fairley scenario all over again. That´s exactly the type of deal I see him getting.
No doubt he'll come into town riding a ?

People were all for Okafor but not an all pro caliber DE like Ansah!? He is only 29 years old and right in his prime. Had he not had a couple injuries would be signing a monster contract right now. His injury isn’t something that will slow him down once healed. A 5 man DE rotation consisting of Cam/Ziggy/Davenport/Hendrickson/Mario would potentially be the best group in the NFL. When Rankins comes back a very solid DT rotation that is improved from last season.. Ansah and Jordan can both slide inside as well giving us a potential DLine when we want to rush the passer similar to the SB Giants team. Jordan/Ansah/Rankins/Davenport sure would be fun to watch. Ansah/Brown is a huge upgrade over Okafor/Davidson.. Plus an improved Davenport!? Watch out!!

Last edited:
One example would be a season ending event during training camp to one of the guys ahead of him on the depth chart.

The quote I replied to made it seem like Hendrickson is about to start 16 games as of today. Not some "what if" scenario.

Is Ziggy the Ansah?

Anyway, I thought he had already signed. Had no idea it was just radio silence all this time.

As far as I know, Ziggy hasn’t been cleared medically from his injury.

Meanwhile, the Saints, who had Ziggy in for a visit, still have 9 mil in cap space. Is it possible they’ve made some kind of offer, maybe even an agreement in principle, if/once he’s cleared?

Guess we’ll have to wait n see.

Side note: Rest assured, if we DO sign Ziggy, no, he won’t get the whole 9 mil....not even close! ?

The quote I replied to made it seem like Hendrickson is about to start 16 games as of today. Not some "what if" scenario.

In the NFL, you're only as good as your back ups. 3rd DE isn't even technically a back-up. Not trying to be argumentative, but we have 2 good DEs and Hendrickson. We haven't finished a season in a while with the all our DL starters intact. So I think you do have to consider the "what if" scenarios at least up to the first "next man up". You could ride the "what if" train all the way to what if the back-ups back up gets hurt? scenario. But there's nothing that can be done to prepare for losing multiple players at one position. (2016 CBs... and for several weeks last year, the whole left side of our OL) So what I'm saying is that we need 3 DEs that are at least starter quality.

I also think that there's a chance that Hendrickson could possibly be that guy. I'm not completely discounting him. But until he proves that he's starter quality, I'm going to want another DE that instills a little confidence.

^^^^^ this. He is a starter and pro bowl caliber if he can stay healthy. With our D line depth we can put him in optimal situations instead of him having to play every down. Can never have too many good pass rushers. That’s solid d line depth with him added to the squad.
I agree, healthy he is a beast, hope he gets a good checkup and we sign him

I have always loved the way the phrase 'all in' automatically negates all issues such as the $17.1m salary cap hit of a Frank Clark.

Meanwhile, the Saints do at least have a history of rolling the dice on talented players who can't get healthy. And yet, when Dannell Ellerbe was on this team, he was a bum who wouldn't play hurt according to this very same forum. I wonder how 'all in' everyone would feel if Ansah repeated his 2018 feat of starting just 2 games and playing some of five others in total. Noting that his cap hit would be spent and unrecoverable for other needs by the time such injury/injuries hit.

I look forward to the traditional bdogg thumb down.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom