"ZIGGY" Please Fall to Pick 15! (1 Viewer)

the only thing that worries me about Ansah is I doubt he will blitz every play he's in and has he ever covered anyone in college? I know he played all across the D-line but if he plays OLB in our 3-4 eventually he's gonna have to cover someone. Does he have the skills and awareness to cover a TE, RB, or Slot WR? That's why I'm higher on Jordan, at least he played OLB in college and has experience.

the only thing that worries me about Ansah is I doubt he will blitz every play he's in and has he ever covered anyone in college? I know he played all across the D-line but if he plays OLB in our 3-4 eventually he's gonna have to cover someone. Does he have the skills and awareness to cover a TE, RB, or Slot WR? That's why I'm higher on Jordan, at least he played OLB in college and has experience.

You do realize that rush backers are very rarely asked to do anything other than rush the QB? When they are asked to drop it is typically in a zone to cover the flat or shallow third. He may be asked to get in man coverage a couple times a year and he'll probably have help in both of those situations.

Besides, do you really want to see what would happen if Jordan lined up to cover Sproles or a slot WR in the NFL in man coverage? It is like saying Jordan will only get beat for a TD 9/10 times instead of 10/10.

I hear a ton of complaints about Ansah maybe not rushing every down. The best pass rushers rush 98% of the time. If he can tackle the QB 10-20 times a year i don't want him in coverage. ELEPHANT! That's the position Willie M. says he can play and with Ryan calling the defense he will find a way to use him. "Scheme Diverse" is the way to describe Ziggy and that is a plus.

I think Jordan lacks the physicality to be an all pro...

How do these guys measurements compare to Braylon Broughton's pro day measurements?
Braylon Broughton*|*TCU,*OLB*:*2012 NFL Draft Scout External News
Very favorably but there is too much uncertainty regarding broughton right now to project him as a starter. He seemed pretty physical last year in exhibition games but there just isn't enough tape on him to declare him as shoo-in for a starting role.

I think that Ansah will go top ten but I think that Corey Lemonier would be worth the 15th pick too after the combine he just had. I think that Devin Taylor might not last until round 3 anymore as his workout has impressed teams like the lions who are looking for pass rushers.

Xavier Rhodes, Tavon Austin, and Baccari Rambo could be darkhorse picks as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom