Pelicans Zion looking forward to signing extension (1 Viewer)

Thunderchild

Flock Up!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This happened yesterday:

New Orleans Pelicans forward Zion Williamson reiterated his desire to be with the organization, speaking Saturday at a local YMCA where he held a youth and basketball camp registration.

Speaking to reporters, Williamson was asked if opening the camp was a sign he wanted to stay in New Orleans.

"I do want to be here. That's no secret. I feel like I've stood on that when I spoke," Williamson said to reporters at the Dryades YMCA in New Orleans. "Currently, this does not really have anything to do with that. This is just me wanting to be a pillar in my community."

Also on the table this summer could be a potential five-year, $186 million max rookie extension with New Orleans. The Pelicans could look to add protections into the deal instead of just giving Williamson the completely guaranteed max, but those negotiations will happen this summer.

When asked about the extension, Williamson flashed a big smile and said, "You have to ask the Pels, baby."

I'll just wait until pen meets paper before I get excited.
Yep. Anything can happen between now and then.

Getting a max extension won't likely be a problem, but I can see a lot of negotiation going on with injury contingencies.

This is the same kid who when the lock down started stepped forward to pay the salaries of all the workers with jobs in the Smoothie King Center.
On that alone I will take him at his word until proven otherwise

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom