Zion vs the Knicks (Summer League Thread) (1 Viewer)

Everyone came for Zion, but stayed for LSU rookie Kavell Bigby-Williams.

I don't know how I missed that the Pels signed him, but I'm stoked they did. I felt he was vastly underrated at LSU, even if he did find himself in foil trouble way too often.

What's the word on Zion's knee? Bruise?? PLEASE tell me so....all fingers, toes, AND hairs crossed....
Looks like he is fine. Joe Vardon of the Athletic said, "Williamson banged knees with the Knicks’ Mitchell Robinson in the second quarter. Williamson’s left knee took the brunt, and the team said he’s OK; it was just going to sit its future star out of an abundance of caution."

What's the word on Zion's knee? Bruise?? PLEASE tell me so....all fingers, toes, AND hairs crossed....

When the game was suspended and Zion was walking to the locker room, he was walking perfectly fine and without the ice pack, or any other protective knee wear...etc.

Personally, I think he looked a bit out of shape. Sweating was pretty extensive and he looked either a bit hesitant or was just lethargic from being out of shape. It is by no means a knock against him. He has been on a whirl wind tour the past 2-3 weeks...etc., and has not been balling since the NCAA tournament.

When the game was suspended and Zion was walking to the locker room, he was walking perfectly fine and without the ice pack, or any other protective knee wear...etc.

Personally, I think he looked a bit out of shape. Sweating was pretty extensive and he looked either a bit hesitant or was just lethargic from being out of shape. It is by no means a knock against him. He has been on a whirl wind tour the past 2-3 weeks...etc., and has not been balling since the NCAA tournament.

I agree. I think you saw the strength and athleticism we expected, but he wasn’t in great basketball shape/conditioning last night (for the reasons you stated). Heck, ESPN wouldn’t even let him warm up properly. They pulled him off the court to do a lame interview.

He has a great work ethic and was in awesome shape at Duke. He’ll be fine now that he has time to train and play.

I also think he looked a little nervous/anxious last night, which is also understandable.

Looks like he's done for the summer league...

Maybe I should have just started a Summer League thread because Tremont Waters is playing like a pro right now. He's stealing the ball and lobbing balls off the backboard like he's been in the NBA forever.

Looks like he's done for the summer league...

That massive thud you just heard was the sound of reality making its presence known. :covri:

giphy.gif

Maybe I should have just started a Summer League thread because Tremont Waters is playing like a pro right now. He's stealing the ball and lobbing balls off the backboard like he's been in the NBA forever.

I think just as you have it, is perfectly fine as most on this board, have interest in the new brand PELS only. JMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom