Pelicans Zion Williamson cements his commitment to New Orleans. ‘I’m not going to let the city down’ (1 Viewer)

Thunderchild

Flock Up!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
During his time away from the court, questions swirled around Williamson’s desire to be in New Orleans, his understanding of being a good teammate and his willingness to keep his body in peak physical form.

On his 22nd birthday, he made sure to silence at least the first of those three questions.

“It was a tough year. For the Pelicans to come give me this birthday gift, I’m not going to let them down,” Williamson said during a news conference announcing his five-year maximum contract extension that could be worth up to $231 million. “I’m not going to let my family down. I’m not going to let the city down. And most importantly, I’m not going to let myself down.”

hooray-letsgo.gif

Like I said before...I wasn't going to dump on him till I heard he wanted to leave from his own mouth. He is still thar same kid who stepped up and offered to pay the lost income for all the arena workers when the lock down happened in 2020

Sports media obviously tried to drive a wedge b/w Zion and the Pels...

while I know it won't happen, the media owes Zion, his family, the Pels, and the Pels' fans an apology
You're absolutely right. They do and they won't.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom