Zion..... (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Maybe I’m biased, but Zion is the most electrifying player since LeBron/Kobe came out.

I’m not saying he’s as good as them, he’s just MUST SEE TV like them.

I can’t think of anyone who you can legitimately compare him too....maybe Charles Barkley, but evenhe wasn’t as vicious as Zion.

It’s crazy, he looks slow, a tad overweight, kinda lumbering around, then the ball gets in his hands and it’s just frightening. The speed, the power, the determination, the flare for the dramatic.....I just can’t look away when he’s in the game.

I am SO HAPPY he’s in NOLA, boy I hope he takes to the city and he stays here like Kobe did.

No doubt he has everything to be a legend.....maybe we can go from Drew to Zion.

He's what, 14 or 15 games in his his pro career and his already iconic and unique in his effect on the game? It's really exciting.

Incredibly strong with good skills and gives a great effort every time I've seen him.

That said for him to be an all time great I really think he needs to lose about 20lbs (or the foot injuries will become more likely) and cut down on the turnovers a bit....

But the sky is the limit for him, I think his work ethic will push him to greatness....

The guy is like Shaq on the block despite being much shorter. He is like Vince Carter and nobody will outjump him. He is like Shawn Kemp the way he is so fast off the floor with his 2nd jump. He is like Lebron with an explosive first step and can get to the rim so quick on one dribble then dominate anyone equal or smaller and most bigger than them. He is also like Lebron in the way he passes the ball at such a young age and isn't selfish.

If Zion can find some arch and consistency in his shot as he gets older there is no reason he can't be one of the all time greats. He's already the best 19 year old I've ever seen at the NBA level. Unlike guys like AD and Garnett he wont improve just because his body matures and fills out so he has to do it by improving his shot.

The guy is like Shaq on the block despite being much shorter. He is like Vince Carter and nobody will outjump him. He is like Shawn Kemp the way he is so fast off the floor with his 2nd jump. He is like Lebron with an explosive first step and can get to the rim so quick on one dribble then dominate anyone equal or smaller and most bigger than them. He is also like Lebron in the way he passes the ball at such a young age and isn't selfish.

If Zion can find some arch and consistency in his shot as he gets older there is no reason he can't be one of the all time greats. He's already the best 19 year old I've ever seen at the NBA level. Unlike guys like AD and Garnett he wont improve just because his body matures and fills out so he has to do it by improving his shot.

Shaq was a toothpick when he entered the league. He had to grow into what Zion already has. Otherwise I mostly agree. I think he really needs to improve on his ball handling a bit, but he is an awesome addition to this team.

Shaq was a toothpick when he entered the league. He had to grow into what Zion already has. Otherwise I mostly agree. I think he really needs to improve on his ball handling a bit, but he is an awesome addition to this team.
Toothpick compared to what he became but yeah, was referring to full grown Shaq.

Yeah, Shaq got a lot bigger, but I wouldn’t say he was ever a toothpick.

the important part is that he has good form which should make coaching him easier.

The pels have brought in some really good staff for player development....look at what they have done with Lonzo Ball in one offseason

I can't wait to see what they do with Jaxson Hayes over the offseason. That kid has a good shooting stroke....especially with how tall he is. If he can bulk up and start shooting from behind the arc, he would make a great stretch 5

Like I said in the Pels forum, the only glaring mistake the new regime made (IMO) was getting rid of Christian Wood and keeping Okafor. Okafor barely sees the floor and Christian Wood is tearing it up in Detroit right now

Even as a toothpick, Shaq was bullying everyone he faced.

The game should be fun tonight on ESPN. Watching the future of the NBA. Luka vs Zion. Luka turned 21 yesterday and Zion doesn't turn 20 until July. They both are already known by 1 name. (1 name? 1 Name!? What are you Seal?)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom