Zombiecane Paulette (1 Viewer)

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Guess who's back? This is just like 2020 to resurrect the dead.

090604_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Looks like another strong cold front by the middle of next week. My weather app is showing lows in the 50's. If this holds it
may be the end of our season on the gulf coast.

Looks like another strong cold front by the middle of next week. My weather app is showing lows in the 50's. If this holds it may be the end of our season on the gulf coast.
I know you guys on the MS Gulf Coast get a little colder than us in the immediate NOLA area ... but dipping below 60 F in September would be about the earliest "cool snap" since I can't remember.

I remember, as a little kid, that October would bring "sweater weather". My distorted memories are also that Halloween evening was usually briskly cool/cold -- summer definitely felt over by then.

As an adult, October just has meant that daily highs started dipping below 90 with consistency. And many Halloween evenings with my kids have been warm and muggy -- no crisp autumn wind or anything.

I know you guys on the MS Gulf Coast get a little colder than us in the immediate NOLA area ... but dipping below 60 F in September would be about the earliest "cool snap" since I can't remember.

I remember, as a little kid, that October would bring "sweater weather". My distorted memories are also that Halloween evening was usually briskly cool/cold -- summer definitely felt over by then.

As an adult, October just has meant that daily highs started dipping below 90 with consistency. And many Halloween evenings with my kids have been warm and muggy -- no crisp autumn wind or anything.
In the Chicago area I remember leaves on the ground at Halloween. They're mostly gone by then these last few decades. Last year we had a snow storm on Halloween. The climate is definitely changing.

I know the feeling well. If these temps do happen, it will be the first time in Sept. That I remember in a long time. Last year was
a good example. The hottest day of the year occurred on Oct. 7th when the mercury hit 98 degrees. It was mid Nov. before we
started cooling off.

Halloweens have been hit and miss for me personally. When my daughter was young,there were times I took her wearing a
heavy jacket. There were others where I was wearing shorts and a T-shirt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom