2024 NFL Draft Round 1 (2 Viewers)

The “loser” in my opinion (grain of salt because any of these could end up being absolutely the right pick) is Atlanta.

I actually love Penix but if I was ranking bottom 5 situations for him as a 24 year old rookie with lengthy injury history, Atlanta would def make the list.

Cousins got 4 years. $180M. You’ve gotta expect at least 3 seasons out of him in the room and barring catastrophe 2 seasons as the sure starter.

So AT BEST, Penix is Year 3 and 27 before he takes a starter snap, again barring injury from Kirk. Not only that, but in that year 3 - if he flops, there’s not that much time to develop him beyond Year 3, age 27. If he’s amazing, you have to immediately pay him in his first offseason as a starter… It is bad.

I wouldn't pencil him in as our first string sanitation engineer, let alone left tackle.

That guy is Trezelle Jenkins until further notice.
Painful how little football IQ. You had to be really desperate to still draft him know how far low his floor was.

When he was asked, he didn't rule out how the rest of the draft could play out and post draft free agency in reference to the LT position. Doesn't sound like they're just penciling Penning in at starting LT just yet.

Oh I wouldn’t be surprised if we sign Peat knowing he can play either LT or LG.

The “loser” in my opinion (grain of salt because any of these could end up being absolutely the right pick) is Atlanta.

I actually love Penix but if I was ranking bottom 5 situations for him as a 24 year old rookie with lengthy injury history, Atlanta would def make the list.

Cousins got 4 years. $180M. You’ve gotta expect at least 3 seasons out of him in the room and barring catastrophe 2 seasons as the sure starter.

So AT BEST, Penix is Year 3 and 27 before he takes a starter snap, again barring injury from Kirk. Not only that, but in that year 3 - if he flops, there’s not that much time to develop him beyond Year 3, age 27. If he’s amazing, you have to immediately pay him in his first offseason as a starter… It is bad.
Didn't make a lot of sense.

He didn't look great when pressured. Can't escape pressure well. Can't improvise or throw off platform well.

I don't see how he succeeds with how NFL defenses getting pressure at will

Don’t be surprised if they trade down again. 33 is one of the best picks to have because tonight all the teams decide who their top guy is for tomorrow and someone always tries to trade for that pick.
And the Bills could be positioning for Newton with this pick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom