Former Saints WR Michael Thomas closing in on deal with L.A. Chargers (2 Viewers)

CTESPN is AB and he has lost his mind (if you didn't know that already). Go look up his last couple of tweets about Caitlin Clark if you don't believe me
Called her his cracker of the day. Lol he must hang with Suggs. 😂

Well, the big breaking news here is not about Michael Thomas, but that AB has parked his Crazy Train right now at Barstool. Who knew? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I kinda feel sorry for you if you did.

Here's a story about it from May I Push in Your Your **Bar** Stool? I hold them in the same regard as Tanktop Boy.

Not buying this. There’s no reason for any team to sign a vet like Thomas before they know how their draft fell.

He’ll go to a team that doesn’t get the WR they want and has to pivot to him.

I would tend to agree with this.....and also at this point in his career, given all that has happened, he will likely be on a prove it deal going forward.....It sucks, he should have been a HOFer with the Saints.....ugh....

Not buying this. There’s no reason for any team to sign a vet like Thomas before they know how their draft fell.

He’ll go to a team that doesn’t get the WR they want and has to pivot to him.

It kind of feels like MT's agent is using AB's account to try to spread rumor of interest in MT because he isn't getting as much interest at MT expected. I'm sure it's humbling for him and that he thought he was going to be in high demand, but with his age and injury history, he is likely going to have to wait until after the draft and sign a one year prove it deal with a team that still needs WR help.

Harbaugh isn't going to take an old WR that won't block. Heavy run offense that relies on blocking WRs. I think this is a smokescreen.

It kind of feels like MT's agent is using AB's account to try to spread rumor of interest in MT because he isn't getting as much interest at MT expected. I'm sure it's humbling for him and that he thought he was going to be in high demand, but with his age and injury history, he is likely going to have to wait until after the draft and sign a one year prove it deal with a team that still needs WR help.
I don't think it's that at all, I think some veterans (take Mathieu for instance) that are on their 3rd contract, or coming off injuries tend to sign w/ teams after the draft so they can see what their options are. It's a mutual thing, the player has time to get healthier and the team has time to fill it's roster out via the draft and then determine what direction they want to go.

Again, same thing happened with Mathieu after he got cut by Kansas City.

I don't think it's that at all, I think some veterans (take Mathieu for instance) that are on their 3rd contract, or coming off injuries tend to sign w/ teams after the draft so they can see what their options are. It's a mutual thing, the player has time to get healthier and the team has time to fill it's roster out via the draft and then determine what direction they want to go.

Again, same thing happened with Mathieu after he got cut by Kansas City.

Sure, but why the rumor of the deal before the draft?

Michael Thomas has averaged
32 catches 352 yards and 1 TD per season the last 3 years.

Now he is a year older and he never had speed to lose to begin with. Between the lack of production, the injuries, the age and the outbursts I don't think anyone signs him at all and if they do it'll be for vet minimum.

His best chance is to probably sit out the first half of the season then sign with a contender that has injury issues at WR.

Michael Thomas has averaged
32 catches 352 yards and 1 TD per season the last 3 years.

Now he is a year older and he never had speed to lose to begin with. Between the lack of production, the injuries, the age and the outbursts I don't think anyone signs him at all and if they do it'll be for vet minimum.

His best chance is to probably sit out the first half of the season then sign with a contender that has injury issues at WR.

Last 3 seasons played, he missed a season in there so the numbers are lower when you factor the actual time to accumulate those three seasons. Dude isn't what most fans on here remember him as. I'll take the under 17 total games played for the rest of his career.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom