N/S New Uniforms for Sean Payton & Company (1 Viewer)

More and more I'm realizing that all of the best uniforms are pre-2000s. lol
Disagree. Most uniforms pre Broncos and Buccaneers 90s overhaul were a helmet w 0-3 stripes, jersey sleeves w 0-5 stripes or UCLA shoulder stripes, and pants with 0-3 stripes. Thatā€™s it. There were about 5 templates of each (helmet, jersey, pants) with the colors changed depending on the team. It was very boring and unoriginal.

Nowadays there is at least some variety, however, there are also many duds like the current Falcons, Commanders, Cardinals, Titans, etc. The Lions are a perfect example a modern design done right. It keeps the essence of traditional uniforms where the accents are in traditional locations but with a unique and modern twist. No other team has the same stripe pattern, but the design isnā€™t out of left field or gaudy. Where I think the Broncos have gone wrong is the weird back of the helmet striping and the triangles on the numbers. If those are removed, this would be another modern classic not in need of change for decades. However, I think theyā€™ll be changed again in 5 years.

I just knew they were going to bring back the orange crush Elways and say that's our new uniforms. Lol

I like them, but pro uniforms are going more in the direction of college it seems. It's hard to explain, but pro uniforms/schemes seemed to look premium to college (amateurs) in the past.
No I know exactly what you mean. NFL jerseys were so different. They looked better. The quality of the material was better. The designs and color combinations were simple and iconic. They were basically perfect up until Reebok and then Nike started making changes to look "more modern".

More modern means tacky and way too busy. The one that stood out the most to me was when the Bucs ditched the Derrick Brooks era pewter uniforms in favor of whatever this was...

tb8jpg.jpg

The orange - dark blue - white color combo just does not appeal to me, whether in Boise or Denver.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom