Saints trade into top ten-Hypothetical (1 Viewer)

Lafexpress

Veteran
Reaction score
Suppose Saints trade with chargers for No. 5 pick, then trade down with a QB needy team, for multiple picks and a later first? Does this make sense? Curious, could it happen?

They should do that, then trade up again, then back one more time. Then let the clock expire when it's their turn to pick, only then to pull the ultimate move of trading up again one more time with the team that picked the player they wanted all along.

Suppose Saints trade with chargers for No. 5 pick, then trade down with a QB needy team, for multiple picks and a later first? Does this make sense? Curious, could it happen?
Really depends on a lot of factors. But I also think the Chargers would be happy taking a similar offer themselves instead of letting us do it.

You have spent too much time watching that sheetty Draft Day movie with Kevin Costner.

Id be fine trading up to draft a QB that we are really sold on. Like we were on Mahomes. Otherwise, theres just too many holes on this roster to give up the picks we need to try to fill them.

We dont have a cornerstone on this team. We are in rebuild denial, and theres nothing to build around. We arent solid in the trenches (we dont even have a trench on offense), we dont have a young, legit WR1, our RB1 is on the other side of his prime and our best defensive player is a 82 year old linebacker. Carr is as meh as it gets at QB.

I dont see the problem with giving up a bit to draft a QB if its a guy we are really sold on. Mahomes sat behind Alex Smith who is basically a slightly higher level player than Derek Carr. It feels like we learned nothing about the transition to being without Brees. We have our own roadmap to the wrong destination that we are ignoring.

Id say trading down and gaining picks is the best way to go. Or staying put. But trading up would require a true difference maker that we could build around.

I’d really like to keep the 2nd round pick, I think I’d say no to that, but it wouldn’t ruin my day if we did it.
That's pretty much where I'm at.

He seems like one of the safest picks in the draft. It's hard not to see him as a top tier starter at a premiere position (vital position of need for us) for a lengthy period of time.

If Alt makes it past Tennessee at 7 then we need to seriously consider the trade up. If he's gone then I'm hoping for Bowers to fall to us and then take a tackle at 45, perhaps Jordan Morgan.
I can then see Loomis packaging picks 150, 170, 175, 199 and a future 4th to move up into the 75-85 range.
Would you be happy with the draft playing out like this?
14- Bowers, TE
45- Morgan, OT
75-85- Devontez Walker, WR
168- Malik Mustapha, S
190- Jarrian Jones, CB
239- Jordan Jefferson, DL

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom