The man or bear hypothetical (1 Viewer)

Separate unisex bathrooms? Tons of businesses already have single use bathrooms. Those could obviously be unisex and make a plan for businesses that don't have one to create one?

As I said, I don't know the answer and I don't even really know where I stand on this issue but I think the questions are not being properly framed in this thread.

And, I'll add that I think businesses can do whatever they want. People can choose to go there or not based on how they feel about the bathroom situation, but I would think that it might benefit businesses to just got to private bathrooms to avoid losing customers who feel uncomfortable with either option. But, that's going to be different for public buildings if/when we decide whose comfort or right trumps the other.

Last edited:
how are their rights being trampled?

I didn't say "trampled." But, the answer is that just like some biological women don't feel comfortable with Trans Women using the women's bathroom, some Trans Women don't feel comfortable using the men's bathroom.

That is, of course, assuming that we actually have a right to feel "comfortable" and I"m not sure we do. So, if we don't have that right, then does it really matter if someone feels uncomfortable with someone of a different biological sex using the bathroom they are in? And if we don't have a right to "feel comfortable" then is there any reason to stop Trans Women from using the women's bathroom or Trans Men from using the men's bathroom?

If there is a right to feel "comfortable", why are the feelings of one group more important that the other group? Are they more important? If so, how do you justify it?

And, I'll note that if we decide that we have a right to "feel comfortable" there are going to be all sorts of things we do that are going to have to come under additional scrutiny.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom