Daniel Jeremiah - “Everyone is moving up for an OT” (2 Viewers)

Unfortunately we’re in a place where there is probably no team with a more obvious positional need than the Saints at OT, which means any team that wants a first cloud tackle will leapfrog us for one. It also means we will feel forced to also move up. For once I’d love a boring draft because it will mean we did it the right way.

You’ll see the Saints sign at least one lineman after the draft. Personally I’m hoping for Becton. Think he’d be very good on the right side with the right motivation
Honestly, they probably should sign both Peat and Becton as Peat could fall in at LG and be a safety net at LT if needed.

Smartest man in the league many years ago

ezgif-5-3fddc51ede.gif

It's been 7 years since he drafted us a bona fide league-recognized star.

If you need to suppress your ego and pick a lineman, just do it. No mediocre wheeling-dealing this time please.
He thinks he is but Howie Roseman. Packers, and Denver steal his candy every year, and all he can do is smack his chops

Where is the source for this? Or, is just your opinion? I know it was stated by DA/Loomis that he was not healing as fast, but thats a long way away from retirement.
I said it when they did it, his knee wasnt going to last. But,worse than my wildest dreams. Another Mickey faux pas....

Olave (2022) received rookie of the year votes, You could make an argument for Alonte Taylor(2022) and Paulson Adebo (2021). Eric Mccoy (2019) is a pro-bowler. I would argue Ceedy Deuce (2019) is a league recognized star.

Most teams don't draft a "bona fide league-recognized star" every year.
Olave cost 3 draft picks, but he has no YAK, so he'll never be a true star. Adebo is good. Alontae is athletic but misses too many tackles and maakes bone headed mistakes to leave people wide open

I’ve seen multiple mocks by “respectable pundits” with Alt, Olu, and Fautanu/Fuaga gone by 13 leaving Latham and Fuaga/Fautanu.

Dane Brugler has 4 OTs gone by 11 leaving Fautanu.

Dane Brugler has 4 OTs gone by 11 leaving Fautanu.
Has he done a new one I have not seen?

In his April 17 mock he only had 2. With Alt going at 7 to Tenn and Latham going at 11 to the chargers (who traded back with the Vikings.)

And he has us drafting Fashanu.

He thinks he is but Howie Roseman. Packers, and Denver steal his candy every year, and all he can do is smack his chops
He has the same problem as David Griffin in thinking his roster is much better than it actually is and it’s perfection.

I can see teams trying to move up a bit for an offensive tackle, but I think teams will be trying to move into the teens, not in the top 10 picks. There are five offensive tackles who receive good grades from most--though I have no idea how the Saints have graded the OT prospects. But it seems there will be four quarterbacks going in the top 13 picks, and I have seen mock drafts saying five. If two or three defensive players are drafted in the top 13, that should push down the offensive tackles. I can see three OTs going in the top 13 picks, but four seems unlikely, much less five.

I guarantee you that in 2 years you will have 4 or 5 starting OTs taken after the 3rd round, maybe more. This is a bumper crop of OTs this year and getting nervous about drafting one is ridiculous. Don't fall for the banana in the tailpipe.

Draft rumors should be met with the question of who benefits if this rumor is believed but not actually true. Answer teams that want quarterbacks to drop.

I guarantee you that in 2 years you will have 4 or 5 starting OTs taken after the 3rd round, maybe more. This is a bumper crop of OTs this year and getting nervous about drafting one is ridiculous. Don't fall for the banana in the tailpipe.
Problem is loomis is frothing at the mouth to move up for one

I HOPE I’m wrong

Has he done a new one I have not seen?

In his April 17 mock he only had 2. With Alt going at 7 to Tenn and Latham going at 11 to the chargers (who traded back with the Vikings.)

And he has us drafting Fashanu.

It’s his March 5th mock, so old now I see. His 7 round has Alt, Latham, Fuaga gone before we pick.

Edit: more mocks have the Chargers taking Alt over Nabers at 5 and Titans taking OT at 7 which pulls up other OTs.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom