I’m inclined to think the Saints would ideally like to leave this draft w/ Bowers (1 Viewer)

We had a solid TE last year, we minimized his role to keep Michael Thomas happy and get him his targets.
If Klint Kubiak runs his offense anything like his father, I think we will see a big uptick in TE production with the guys that we already have on the team. Those Gary Kubiak teams churned 1,000+ yards from their tight end group using guys like Owen Daniels.

For whatever reason, Pete Carmichael stopped featuring the middle of the field the last two years.

If Klint Kubiak runs his offense anything like his father, I think we will see a big uptick in TE production with the guys that we already have on the team. Those Gary Kubiak teams churned 1,000+ yards from their tight end group using guys like Owen Daniels.

For whatever reason, Pete Carmichael stopped featuring the middle of the field the last two years.
Any production will be an uptick that's for sure.

That's an excellent point.

And Pete Carmichael stopped featuring the middle of the field the last 2 years because our expert slant runner was injured all the time. Pete didn't know what to do after that. :rolleyes:

(ETA: That is a dig on Carmichael not MT)

That's an excellent point.

And Pete Carmichael stopped featuring the middle of the field the last 2 years because our expert slant runner was injured all the time. Pete didn't know what to do after that. :rolleyes:

(ETA: That is a dig on Carmichael not MT)
I think having a super-risk averse, defensive-minded HC was an influence there.

Not excusing Carmichael’s results, post-Payton, just stating the obvious.

Hopefully Kubiak isn’t similarly hamstrung.

It won't... It'll just give Carr more time to run the passive plays DA wants... and get closer FGs....

We need a combination of young gamebreakers, and Kubiak taking over the offense... If we go Oline and Dline with most of our picks and FA signings... It's more of the same from last year on deck.
Now you're just being ridiculous

LOL, sometime you are just too funny. I could post a vid of Ram missing the block that got DC hurt in the GB game and say we would have won that if we had Fuaga @ RT and DC didn't get hurt SMH . I wanted BB too but man you're just overboard

And don't forget a hallmark of the Shanny/ Kubiak systems is they take lower round RB picks and make them all pros along with O linemen

Bowers was undoubtedly the best TE in this draft and a generational prospect. A bit bummed we missed out on him, but Fuaga also seems like a great pick that should help right away.

I do think there is another TE we could get on day 3 that could develop into a solid player for us in Erick All. He was on his way to having a good season at Iowa (TE University), but then hurt his knee. Very athletic and quick in and out of his breaks. Also has good hands and body control to make tough catches. I think he would have been widely viewed as the 2nd best TE in this class had he not gotten hurt. We also met with him recently. If we land him, I’ll be thrilled with this draft class. Here’s some highlights of his:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom