1:53 and 2 & 12 time after Moore's catch(MERGED) (1 Viewer)

lapaz

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Did y'all notice that after Moore's catch, the clock kept running although he ran out of bounds? I believe the call is that his foward progress was stopped, and he was going backwards as he went out of bounds. I thought it was very interesting, because if we had needed the time, I would've been highly upset that the clock did not stop. Since we needed time to run, I was glad.

I don't understand the rules.

On the Bucs/ATL game, the guy was just pushed out and the clock stopped.

he was hit and as he went out of bounds he was actually moving backwards, thus his forward progress had stopped and he was actually called down before he went out of bounds

it helps a little because the rule gives us more yardage but had we actually needed that time it would've been a huge disappointment

If forward progress is ruled during the play, then it doesn't matter if the player is shoved out of bounds, the clock will continue to run. You can't have both the forward progress and the benefit of running out of bounds.

If a player goes out of bounds by being pushed backward, forward progress makes the player "down" in the field of play and the clock runs.

If a player is shoved forward out of bounds or runs forward out of bounds, the forward progress is stopped by going out of bounds and the clock stops. Of course that's only true at the end of each half...

Yea thanks for explaining that. Was wondering why it was running.

if you watch the clock closely this happens all the time, it seems the refs just want to try to make the game end as fast as possible.

Why did the clock keep going when we went out of bounds

Unless I just saw things wrong, it happened on the Lance Moore catch near the end of the first half, and happened again at the end of the game.

because he did not go out of bounds, they called forward progress
This. they ruled his forward progress was stopped in bounds.

Also, for future reference, just in case you didnt know: The clock only stops when you go out of bounds in the final few minutes fo each half (Dont remember the exact rule).

This. they ruled his forward progress was stopped in bounds.

Also, for future reference, just in case you didnt know: The clock only stops when you go out of bounds in the final few minutes fo each half (Dont remember the exact rule).

It's the last 5 minutes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom