A quarterback option to look right now: Nathan Rourke (BC Lions) edt, signs with Jaguars (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am not saying he is the answer, but Nathan Rourke played his first season at the CFL with the BC Lions, showing accuracy (almost 80% completion rate) and great poise. He is only 24 years old and has tons to learn.

He will be trying with NFL teams the following weeks, I think it is well worth a look, specially considering the situation we are at.

"Rourke stunned many in his first season as starter this year, throwing for 3,349 yards with 25 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 10 regular-season games. He proved to be a dual threat, too, adding 304 rushing yards with seven TDs.:

I am not saying he is the answer, but Nathan Rourke played his first season at the CFL with the BC Lions, showing accuracy (almost 80% completion rate) and great poise. He is only 24 years old and has tons to learn.

He will be trying with NFL teams the following weeks, I think it is well worth a look, specially considering the situation we are at.

"Rourke stunned many in his first season as starter this year, throwing for 3,349 yards with 25 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 10 regular-season games. He proved to be a dual threat, too, adding 304 rushing yards with seven TDs.:

Was going to mention this yesterday when I was reading that on the news up here, but was waiting to find out who he was working out for.

This kid is an exciting player, he’s very smart and is mobile with a great arm. If he hadn’t missed a third of the season, (had an injury in the middle of schedule) he would have put up some extensively impressive numbers, especially for a Canadian QB.

Would love to see him work out with The Saints

I'm in!

Great find. I can only hope our staff and front office are on this, which with this current regime I have my doubts.

How does this type of situation work? Two dozen teams are allegedly signed up for his Nov. 21 workout. Can a team only sign him to a futures contact for 2023 or would he be eligible for a 2022 roster?

Realizing that's a highlight film, I saw a guy who consistently knew how to navigate a pocket, use pump fakes to move a DB and dodge pressure. Who knows if his game is ready for the NFL, but the Saints need to be first in line to give a guy like this a shot -- especially considering their current draft position and salary cap issues.

According to his wiki page he had a tryout with the NYG at WR.

I’m impressed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom