A question for the Shoal Creek folks (1 Viewer)

Nebo

Reaction score
My wife and I are moving to Austin in August and we will be in town this weekend doing some preperation stuff for our move. I had the great pleasure of being at SCS for the Tampa Game this season and even though I don't know a soul in town I had a terrific time.

So here is my question, how early do folks normally show up. We had a hard time finding a place to sit last time and I am sure it will be much more crowded this time around. How early should I be there to get a spot?

I am really looking forward to this trip, and a win against the Eagles!

Who Dat!

-Nebo

We usually get there at 11 or so. Games that are on TV aren't as hard to get seats for. I wouldn't imagine this one would be too tough, believe it or not.

yea, like LC said, if the games aren't televised in Austin (there were actually several that were this year), then you really need to get there at least an hour before the game if you want to get a seat. I don't know about the game this weekend, but yo coud always go a little earlier and have some food - if you're not too pumped to eat!

Thanks! We had such a good time there for the Tampa game (Reggie's first TD was definitely a memorable experience for me) I told my wife I would give up my Sunday ticket when we moved if I could come there every sunday for games. I love watching the games at home but it was a lot of fun to be around other Saints fans, it was almost as good as being in the Dome!

Well I may be by myself in there I suppose but I am still looking forward to it. Thanks for the advice fellas.

-Nebo

Thanks SHOEDAT -- yea I am originally, but I just graduated from UT so I'm no longer in Austin anymore (Houston now).

Shoal Creek is pretty great, it's especially fun to enjoy Saints games with fellow Who Dat's!

TheNeutralGround,

Since you're in Houston now maybe you could help put together an SR tailgating party when the SAINTS come to Houston next season. I would be wiling to help form this end.

I don't know if you have been reading about the one we are having in New Orlenas this weekend but it should be a blast, I was thinking we could get a lot of folks at the Houston game.

Thanks! We had such a good time there for the Tampa game (Reggie's first TD was definitely a memorable experience for me) I told my wife I would give up my Sunday ticket when we moved if I could come there every sunday for games. I love watching the games at home but it was a lot of fun to be around other Saints fans, it was almost as good as being in the Dome!

Well I may be by myself in there I suppose but I am still looking forward to it. Thanks for the advice fellas.

-Nebo

That's exactly what I did. Gave up my sunday ticket when I found Shoal Creek. For this game I would say forty five minutes before game time is sufficient. I would agree with the fact that the televised games are less crowded, however there have been exceptions. i.e. the Cowboys game. If you do decide to go by yourself the bar is the best seat in the house. Two TV's and no wait for drinks.

Rich

Nebo,

If we win Saturday, our whole crew will be there next week. We're going to this one, but can't for the NFC Championship. If so, come say what's up.

My wife and I are moving to Austin in August and we will be in town this weekend doing some preperation stuff for our move. I had the great pleasure of being at SCS for the Tampa Game this season and even though I don't know a soul in town I had a terrific time.

So here is my question, how early do folks normally show up. We had a hard time finding a place to sit last time and I am sure it will be much more crowded this time around. How early should I be there to get a spot?

I am really looking forward to this trip, and a win against the Eagles!

Who Dat!

-Nebo

We're having a HUGE party at 1045's place for tomorrow's game if you're interested (PM me)....or if anyone else is interested.......not going to the Creek for this game, but be assured we'll be there for next week's game after we beat the Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!

Nebo,

If we win Saturday, our whole crew will be there next week. We're going to this one, but can't for the NFC Championship. If so, come say what's up.

Thanks LC, I always enjoy reading your posts when I run across them on here. I wish I was going to be around but I have to be back in Dallas Wed. I will be yelling at my TV (I always do win or lose) at my house for the Championship game. Hopefully I will see you around after we move though.

Peace+

Nebo

Thanks LC, I always enjoy reading your posts when I run across them on here. I wish I was going to be around but I have to be back in Dallas Wed. I will be yelling at my TV (I always do win or lose) at my house for the Championship game. Hopefully I will see you around after we move though.

Peace+

Nebo

I'm in Dallas. Come hang at Ben's. (weather permitting)

A BIG Thank you to all the great folks at Shoal Creek. We had a great time and I will definitely be back next season (after we move.) That place was absolutely nuts all through the game and even crazier after the win.

You guys were WAAY off on your predictions though. We got there at 6 and it was already standing room. If not for our generous benefactors (Lisa, Austin & Tiffany) who let us share a picnic table with them we would have been outside, and it was cold! The new rule is 2 hours before, no less.

Thanks agin, see you soon! I can only imagine the party there this week.

Stephen, Mel, Olivia & Emma

P.S. Chop I may come look ya up, where is Ben's?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom